What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Get Benji back

Benj finally got himself fit and was having a good game in the Qld cup a week or so back before copping a late hit and leaving the field with suspected broken wrist the last i saw of him.Fox sports showed all his NRL tries yesterday,it's easy to forget how good he once was.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
How can a Tiger not love Benji.....I do not understand.....hurts my feelings...

Fitzhenry I get.

Then there always the great man Covell.
It was his messy departure. A miserable 3 month long sook in the media, accompanied with pathetic on field performances.

Confirmed 2018.

According to SMH this morning, Benji will be a Tiger again.
Interesting read in the Sunday paper, he said,
"We talked about a mid year switch" with IC after after Broncos game in round 11.
"I tried a few times to come back since I left".

Well no matter what people's opinions were/are I guess we accept it, I think he will be good sponsor wise.

Whilst he would be good as a mentor for Brooks & Gamble, I wonder if fullback is an option for him.

Clifferd

Coach
My favourite player of all time

I like it. A true club legend who is willing to take a back seat and help mentor the younger guys, he knows full well he is playing 2nd fiddle to brooksy and Reynolds yet he could fill in at a pinch.

Puts enormous pressure on either of our halves if they don't perform

Also, he's only 32 and with his frame probably has 2 years left in him

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'm hoping that this is for PR and mentoring purposes only because if he is playing NRL next year for whatever reason then things have gone off the rails (again)

Clifferd

Coach
Great for sponsorship and someone to look up to. He'll be more off-field than anything with an option for backup if needed no doubt

BuffaloRules

Coach
If he is needed then several other players will be injured, haven't deveiped to expectations or out of form,which will mean they are back down in the cellar...

Tiger05

First Grade
Confirmed 2018.

According to SMH this morning, Benji will be a Tiger again.
Interesting read in the Sunday paper, he said,
"We talked about a mid year switch" with IC after after Broncos game in round 11.
"I tried a few times to come back since I left".

Well no matter what people's opinions were/are I guess we accept it, I think he will be good sponsor wise.

Whilst he would be good as a mentor for Brooks & Gamble, I wonder if fullback is an option for him.

I really hope this is true. This caught me by surprise as well.

I'm stoked. I reckon this is exactly what we need. Our spine is really hit and miss and having Benji there means we now have competition for spots.

Plus he is our best ever player by far.

I'm just reading the Herald article and this has to mean a contract is signed unless they just made up Benji saying all that stuff.

Go Tigers.

axl rose

Bench
I don't understand this signing at all. Ah well, dirt cheap so whatever.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm hoping that this is for PR and mentoring purposes only because if he is playing NRL next year for whatever reason then things have gone off the rails (again)

I disagree. Reynolds and Brooks are no sure thing and they will get injured. Benji might also be worth a shot at fullback.

He can also play a utility role really really well.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I disagree. Reynolds and Brooks are no sure thing and they will get injured. Benji might also be worth a shot at fullback.

He can also play a utility role really really well.

Not sure what you mean by the utility role- I hope you are not suggesting a possible bench spot for him- that would be LittleJohnesque

leaguelegend21

Juniors
And if Brooks doesn't fire you can have Reynolds and Marshall. I think that is our best pairing for next year anyway but Brooks should get the first shot, albeit undeservedly.

Latest posts