What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Henjak is not the answer - he must be sacked

Dazzat

First Grade
No, my first respone is to "give people time". The reality is that has long passed. We digned the wrong bloke. I was amazed that we did not sign Daniel Anderson and still am. Lets not kid ourselves, sometimes the worst thing is to hold on just hoping the coach or the players come good. Change can be good. Steve Folkes have won premierships, Kearney has won minor premierships with the Storm and a World Cup. All are better in terms of experience.

Please! Take a moment ... the club has had ENOUGH change at the moment. We don't need more - we need some stability.

Here's some free advise for you: Don't make big decisions when times are tough. Wait ... take a breathe ... wait for the dust to settle ... and then make a decision.

Personally I think the best thing the club could do is bring back Shane Webke as assistant coach or forward coach. With Hunt leaving, the door is open (he only left because he felt he did the wrong thing by Hunt, Thaiday and Boyd). I don't think Thaiday would object to Webke coming back.

Get WEBKE back quick!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Then we need to play someone out of position there, ie Glenn. You can't leak that many tries every week and expect to win.. it's crippling the side atm.

i thought glenn was a centre who's just been playing backrow cos there were no spots.?

realistically and it's been talked about for a while, but folau possibly could ahve been moved into the left centre position earlier during the year

Country Bronco

Juniors
i thought glenn was a centre who's just been playing backrow cos there were no spots.?

realistically and it's been talked about for a while, but folau possibly could ahve been moved into the left centre position earlier during the year

As i stated on another thread, Glen played left centre for Burleigh Bears in the QLD Cup before joining Broncos so he's not necessarily playing out of position.

Dazzat

First Grade
I also believe that Glenn played centre for the NZ juniors ... and that's where the Broncos recruited him.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I also believe that Glenn played centre for the NZ juniors ... and that's where the Broncos recruited him.

I'm not so sure about what position he played for nz juniours although he did certainly play for them. But definately played left centre for Burleigh Bears.

Hanscholo

Bench
The broncos got flogged plenty of times with Bennet as coach. People forget they had a very lean trot where they were dominated by the likes of parra, Canberra and cronulla in the late 80's early 90's. They started one season losing 10 in a row wasnt it? Bennet let that side run into the ground. He knew he was leaving and didnt want to leave a success for someone else to out shine him. Just have a look at who he hired and let go over the previous two years....Come on...replacing rep players with fringe first graders that have no talent...doesnt seem like something a smart man like bennet would do without a reason.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Bennet let that side run into the ground. He knew he was leaving and didnt want to leave a success for someone else to out shine him.

I'd hate to think this is the case, Bennet is certainly not a selfish man and he loves the Broncos surely, so I can't understand this comment really.

Dazzat

First Grade
The broncos got flogged plenty of times with Bennet as coach. People forget they had a very lean trot where they were dominated by the likes of parra, Canberra and cronulla in the late 80's early 90's. They started one season losing 10 in a row wasnt it? Bennet let that side run into the ground. He knew he was leaving and didnt want to leave a success for someone else to out shine him. Just have a look at who he hired and let go over the previous two years....Come on...replacing rep players with fringe first graders that have no talent...doesnt seem like something a smart man like bennet would do without a reason.

Anyone would think Bennett didn't win any premierships heh.

You should stick to talking about a subject you know something about, like how to write gibberish.

_snafu_

Immortal
I couldn't be stuffed reading through the previous posts, so someone may have said what I'm going to say.

I'm not sure it's Henjak that is the problem. If it was Henjak then the problems would have been apparent from the start of the season.

Mr Saab

Referee

Bennett had some lean times, at the back ends of 2003/4/5 but not like this. Sure, in 1999 they started poorly (smashed twice by the storm) but then came back to win 11 in a row and make the finals in 1999.
The Broncos have never been thru this crap before.

Pistol

Coach
I couldn't be stuffed reading through the previous posts, so someone may have said what I'm going to say.

I'm not sure it's Henjak that is the problem. If it was Henjak then the problems would have been apparent from the start of the season.

I did make a comment previously that Henjack wasnt given the proper support to take on the job like he did. He had no "mentor" there to help him out. We need a John Lang type figure to provide support to the coach who was always going to live or die by the legacy that Bennett built.

If he gets another crack, he'll be better for it in the sense that he's had a season of first grade but at the same time those results are pretty demoralising.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Right, so how many more performances like tonight before you start questioning the coaches ability to do his job? In case you've forgotten, that's the 4th time it's happened this year, albeit each time under different circumstances.

Your knee jerk reaction to a slump has ended by the looks in the game thread tonight ... :roll:

As I've said, sacking Henjak isn't/wasn't the answer. He looks to have done his part in turning our season around wouldn't you agree?

renouf

Juniors
Your knee jerk reaction to a slump has ended by the looks in the game thread tonight ... :roll:

As I've said, sacking Henjak isn't/wasn't the answer. He looks to have done his part in turning our season around wouldn't you agree?

Agreed.

renouf

Juniors
You know with that said... before the raiders game I say I was looking forward to the next month of football with a crack at the dragons, look where we are now :)

Blackduck

Juniors

Hear Hear..........

Pierced Soul

First Grade
what a difference a few weeks makes.....

still not sold on henjak, but the team has picked it up the last few weeks and its good to see the players palying for each other which ahs been missing for 2 months previously

i reckon if you asked henjack whats changed he'd scratch his head and say he has no idea.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Absolutely laughable to blame Ivan Henjak for the last 6-8 weeks in my opinion. The fella was always on a hiding to nothing following Wayne and the players alone must accept responsibility for the Raiders debacle. Overall Ivan has done a terrific job in his first year and should be judged in 12-18 months when his fingerprint has made its own mark at the Broncos. Keep going strong Crazy Ivan & the boys !

salivor

First Grade
Since I've made over-zealous sacking calls myself in the past I thought I'd get some pay back by bumping this.

The apprentice bet the master pretty convincingly last night. I'm just glad the club stuck by Ivan as he's definitely shown he's got the goods. He's already taken us further than last year with a weakened squad, anything from here is a bonus.

like many people say, not all good things come at once! and broncos still made it this far! ivan has given wayne a run for his money!

badav

Bench
We've come atleast as far as last year with a roster that is definetaly not as strong as last years. Henjak deserves credit for that, and the massive mid season turn around.

Latest posts