What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've figured it out! Seriously!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well, possible sarcasm aside - if it comes down to either Burt or Petersen, I'd choose Burt every time.

At least he has speed and kicking ability.

Nikki

Coach
You know what Eelementary, I thought the same thing when I read that. We need to change our game plan definately if they are still doing the same things as '05. Not so much to adapt to the current conditions, but so that coaches who sit down to watch videos of us before they play us dont know our moves. Look at Deano for example. Last year he was great coz no one knew how to read him, this year, the book has been well read and worn. We are not making metres because the opposition players seem to know all our moves and their defense is on us before they know it. Which could be contributing to our poor ball control skills. Our players are trying their plays and gettin shut down every time, gettin frustrated and trying to push just the simple skills which becomes their undoing. Opposition coaches have done their homework on us, which, is a credit to them but should also be a wake up call to Smitty.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nikki said:
You know what Eelementary, I thought the same thing when I read that. We need to change our game plan definately if they are still doing the same things as '05. Not so much to adapt to the current conditions, but so that coaches who sit down to watch videos of us before they play us dont know our moves. Look at Deano for example. Last year he was great coz no one knew how to read him, this year, the book has been well read and worn. We are not making metres because the opposition players seem to know all our moves and their defense is on us before they know it. Which could be contributing to our poor ball control skills. Our players are trying their plays and gettin shut down every time, gettin frustrated and trying to push just the simple skills which becomes their undoing. Opposition coaches have done their homework on us, which, is a credit to them but should also be a wake up call to Smitty.

Exactly!

Variety is the spice of life!

Also, we need to have an exciting new dimension to our game, I believe.

pk76

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Exactly!

Variety is the spice of life!

Also, we need to have an exciting new dimension to our game, I believe.

Partially agree with you but as Strider said I don't think the problem is very complex.

IMO the EXECUTION of game plan, not the plan itself that requires improvement. I believe that mental attitude is the key. Dropping some players WILL toughen us up.

I don't know whether others have pointed out earlier but in my opinion, the new additions to the Eels family during the pre-season may have effected our collective preparation. Generally speaking, a birth of child does mellow man...

Eelementary

Post Whore
At this stage, yes - perhaps it's a simple problem.

But as the season goes on, if we keep up the same tactics as last year...Well, I think we'll set ourselves up for disappointment.

Latest posts