What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Bird has played 17 games in 3 years, lets say average of 5 per season over the last 3 years. Half his $1m salary is $500k

Technically, we'd be up for 100k per game, wow great coin if you can get it right?

No wonder Brisbane are trying to offload him, and in reality they wouldn't be if he was fit and ready to play.

This bird has no feathers- he can't get off the runway.

George Sancti

Juniors
Perhaps a straight swap for Corey Norman, and consider Jack Bird for a back rower position. Otherwise, we must use our available capital to attract top line forwards.

redVinme

Juniors
You are absolutely right redVinme.

I have just insulted them.
They offer far more than this gimp.

If anyone reads my posts I've only ever talked footy and don't get involved in things like this but just call him a merkin like the rest of us. Im sure there are plenty of people on here that have family members who are down syndrome. There's plenty of amazing insults out there that don't involve being offensive to a minority that can't help the way they were born.

Dickhead
Qld'r
Prick
Top ball supporter

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Anyways you didn't ask for my two cents but I'd rather not walk (read) past it.

Have a good night!

DUB888

Juniors
Channel Nine Brisbane tonight has Kevin Walters saying Jack Bird is very much part of his plans for 2021.

gregstar

Referee
If anyone reads my posts I've only ever talked footy and don't get involved in things like this but just call him a merkin like the rest of us. Im sure there are plenty of people on here that have family members who are down syndrome. There's plenty of amazing insults out there that don't involve being offensive to a minority that can't help the way they were born.

Dickhead
Qld'r
Prick
Top ball supporter

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Anyways you didn't ask for my two cents but I'd rather not walk (read) past it.

Have a good night!
Hang in there Red.

I'm sure these message boards will be wonderfully tolerant one day.

blacksafake

First Grade
If the Boncos are paying half his salary, I’d look at him for a one year deal.

We need an experienced (skilled) outside back to help out our young guns.

One year is just enough to see if he’s still up for 1st grade, whilst also leaving enough light at the end of the tunnel for someone behind him.

And speaking of fox sports, I did have a chuckle this morning reading their article about scorecards for the bottom 8 teams, particularly the warriors:

Clearly they don’t rate Aitken as a centre either..
:joy::joy:

Gareth67

First Grade
I believe that he suffers from arthritis , in fact rather badly . Whether or not it is affecting his play I do not know , however I do recall when he left the Dragons that they were ( or at least the club doctor) concerned about it then .

It as others have already said sign the man for a year with an option for a 2nd in the clubs / joint venture favor .

Banjo2014

Juniors
IDEAL SCENARIO

Brisbane Bombers or Redcliffe Dolphins to become the expansion team in 2021
Each club is allowed to off load two players without affecting the salary cap to the Bombers or Dolphins

Dragons - Hunt and Norman
Balmain - Packer and Mbye

Just to mention two teams.

Smell My Finger

Juniors
IDEAL SCENARIO

Brisbane Bombers or Redcliffe Dolphins to become the expansion team in 2021
Each club is allowed to off load two players without affecting the salary cap to the Bombers or Dolphins

Dragons - Hunt and Norman
Balmain - Packer and Mbye

Just to mention two teams.
Surely expansion is out the window for the time being, probably looking at 2023 now :(

Latest posts