What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

Mr Bird looking at a 1 game suspension for a foot stomp on Suli.
I remember seeing it when it happened and thought he might be in trouble but then replays suggested he missed and was perhaps just all aggressive body language.
Thoughts.
Lucky at the time and lucky with the grading, agression needs control and stomping on a player on the ground is a grub act.

Maximus

Coach
I reckon thats harsh.
Munster flipping someone backwards over his knees, Crichton with a grapple head and neck get fined only. Bird the only one to get upgraded to Grade 2, everyone else Grade 1 even the punch to head by Fifita
If Bird missed and it did not look like a real stomp, no time in the bin, why is not Grade 1 or a fine sufficient.
Should he fight the grading?

He didn't miss at all. There is a video in the nrl.com article showing he clearly connected. He got off lightly

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/26/nrl-judiciary-round-3-charges/

blacksafake

First Grade
I reckon thats harsh.
Munster flipping someone backwards over his knees, Crichton with a grapple head and neck get fined only. Bird the only one to get upgraded to Grade 2, everyone else Grade 1 even the punch to head by Fifita
If Bird missed and it did not look like a real stomp, no time in the bin, why is not Grade 1 or a fine sufficient.
Should he fight the grading?
With Hunt now being out it may be best to take the early plea.
There was a dog shot shoulder charge to the kidneys of a storm player with his back turned the other night but nothing said.

saint.nick

Coach
I think Bird stomped because Suli kinda kicked his studs into Bird's stomach when Bird had a hold of his leg. It wasn't for no reason

possm

Coach
I think Bird stomped because Suli kinda kicked his studs into Bird's stomach when Bird had a hold of his leg. It wasn't for no reason
This constent attack on Saints by the match review committee has got to stop and it is about time that Webb had something to say to the NRL about it.

So if Suli kicked out at Bird while in the tackle, why wasn't Suli charged.

Now we will be without Hunt and Bird for the Newcastle game. Sullivan injured so it has to be Clune to 7 and most probably Williame to centre. Maybe Feagai on the bench.

Maximus

Coach

Umm do you always just make shit up? The video is in the link I posted. Could you describe at what point Bird has hold of his leg, let alone when Suli's studs are pointing towards Bird's stomach?

Dude, actually open your eyes before making dumb posts like this.

This constent attack on Saints by the match review committee has got to stop and it is about time that Webb had something to say to the NRL about it.

Now we will be without Hunt and Bird for the Newcastle game. Sullivan injured so it has to be Clune to 7 and most probably Williame to centre. Maybe Feagai on the bench.

You also could have watched the video before claiming it was some sort of conspiracy.

Gardenia

Juniors

That is why Sims has lost his fire . He gets suspended if he even looks sideways.

Gardenia

Juniors
Yes it was a bit naughty of him. What made him so angry ? does anyone know? he came in all flying at the guy like he was reacting to something

Gardenia

Juniors
Thanks for sharing link.

FMD, that was grubby. I loved the aggression and drama at the time but that stomp was a grub act and hope he cuts that BS out.

Penalty deserved.

He was cranky wasn't he. That stomp was childish. Why was he so angry?

I’ve seen some fire from the team lately. Dufty facing up to someone twice his size. Ramsay throwing someone over sideline after play had been called. Even Laurie had the angry pants on a few times this season. Bird multiple times.

We’ve been nice guys on field since Beau left. Hasn’t really worked out very well has it.

Gareth67

First Grade

ALSGI

Bench
I’ve seen some fire from the team lately. Dufty facing up to someone twice his size. Ramsay throwing someone over sideline after play had been called. Even Laurie had the angry pants on a few times this season. Bird multiple times.

We’ve been nice guys on field since Beau left. Hasn’t really worked out very well has it.
Yeah I’ve enjoyed the agro too, refreshing really just hope they can control it better and we’re not penalised heavily. Missing Bird next week is bad timing for a shitty foot stomp.

Gareth67

First Grade

Agree if that was the case then that bloke should had also been charged .

Like your signature possum old chum .:relaxed:

Latest posts