What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

drago brelli

Bench
Jackson Hastings son of Kevin 'pound for pound the greatest player never to represent Australia' Hastings has been chosen to play half back for the NSW U/16 against QLD. He is an Illawarra junior. Could he be the new Mitchell Pearce.

There used to be a poster on The Wall called roz, great value. Over hyped every youngster. This bloke will be the next Australian rep like the two dozen kids from HM's to the 20's.

Monk

Referee
He's not even 17 yet? Man... give the kid a chance.

I hope he's a successful lad, but he's got a long way to go yet.

Mr Chook

Juniors
I was taken aback when I saw this thread as Jackson is actually my cousins kid. She married Kevin mid '90's and had 1 son (Jacko) but have since separated. He certainly has the right genes - his dad is Horrie and his mum played for NSW in touch footy & was a junior water-skiing champion.

Jacko is half back & captain for Illawarra jnrs. Some scouts have been looking at him already and he's already got a well known player manager lined up to look after him.

No need to rush him into seniors though. Give him a couple of years to see how he develops but he definately looks promising. BTW he is also a gun cricketer.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
I was taken aback when I saw this thread as Jackson is actually my cousins kid. She married Kevin mid '90's and had 1 son (Jacko) but have since separated. He certainly has the right genes - his dad is Horrie and his mum played for NSW in touch footy & was a junior water-skiing champion.

Jacko is half back & captain for Illawarra jnrs. Some scouts have been looking at him already and he's already got a well known player manager lined up to look after him.

No need to rush him into seniors though. Give him a couple of years to see how he develops but he definately looks promising. BTW he is also a gun cricketer.

mmm- An Illawarra Junior makes him sadly a potential St George- Illawarra player :x - Kevin was Captain coach of the Dapto Canaries RLFC 1st Grade team as well as non playing coach i understand- Nice Club Dapto Leagues Club - Cnr of Bong Bong Road and Station Street Dapto- They had the Biggest TBone and Rump Steaks i've ever seen - dont know if it is still the case.

Last edited:

drago brelli

Bench
Kevin 'Horrie' Hastings certainly gets around. According to the net he is now living in Florida and working as a personal trainer. Last time I saw him he was playing oz tag in Wollongong. The Illawarra Steelers have three really good half backs on the rise. Not that East fans give a stuff anyway.

drago brelli

Bench
Wouldn't call them guns. Hastings, only 16 and may not come through, who knows. Shannon Crook, played NSW half two years ago and Bennett recommended be signed long term, jury's out on him. Best of them is Drew Hutchinson, 17 and played at 6 for NSW last year. Illawarra has a really good batch of 17 year olds on the rise and not much in front of them so it's time for St.George to start producing, may be out of Carlton South Primary School. The 2010 GF team ahd 9 Illawarra juniors that made up the 17 players. No club can keep that going. Brian Smith who lived, may still live, and coached in the Illawarra is a big fan of the local talent. He may attempt to get some up to Bondi.

Mr Chook

Juniors
mmm- An Illawarra Junior makes him sadly a potential St George- Illawarra player :x - Kevin was Captain coach of the Dapto Canaries RLFC 1st Grade team as well as non playing coach i understand- Nice Club Dapto Leagues Club - Cnr of Bong Bong Road and Station Street Dapto- They had the Biggest TBone and Rump Steaks i've ever seen - dont know if it is still the case.

Prior to that Horrie played two years down at Berry/Shoalhaven Heads Magpies in Group 7. I played mainly reserve grade at Berry but got a few runs in 1sts at lock/2nd row. Felt weird playing alongside one of your childhood idols. Felt even weirder when he married your cousin and became family!!!:lol: Its true that he's re-married and living in USA nowadays.

I've been told a couple of scouts have an expressed an interest in Jackson. With a surname of Hastings you'd like to think (or hope) the Chooks would be one of those clubs.

The Business

Juniors
Kevin 'Horrie' Hastings certainly gets around. According to the net he is now living in Florida and working as a personal trainer. Last time I saw him he was playing oz tag in Wollongong. The Illawarra Steelers have three really good half backs on the rise. Not that East fans give a stuff anyway.
He went to the US some time ago.

drago brelli

Bench
Hastings is currently playing fullback for the Dragons' 20s. He's 17 years of age. He can play 9, 7 6 and 1. He is robust and tough. He will be good for Easts if they can get him.

drago brelli

Bench
Hastings is currently playing fullback for the Dragons' 20s. He's 17 years of age. He can play 9, 7 6 and 1. He is robust and tough. He will be good for Easts if they can get him.
I should have read the article before I posted anything but I have repeated most that was in the article. I have seen Jackson play quite a few times this year and he is, as the article says, a fearless player. He is a first grader for sure and the Dragons should keep him but I think he will leave. You can't keep them all.

Latest posts