What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

Danish

Referee
For me the key isn’t that he was made to do extra wrestling. That probably does happen anywhere.

I think the problem starts when he showed signs of physical distress and the trainer allegedly ignored that and made him keep going.

It’s still not that long since Keith Titmuss died after a what was described as an “inappropriately tough” training session. Clubs have a duty of care to their players, I’d argue that ignoring signs of severe physical distress breach that duty in a significant way.

his “signs of distress” seem to be that he was crying. Not that he was at risk of some sort of health incident.

guy is a soft cock and was found out. I can’t think of a player on the raiders squad who’d be incapable of completing a drill to wrestle everyone else in the squad, because sticky wouldn’t put up with carrying any loser who couldn’t. You have to identify these useless pricks somehow and this was the dogs way of doing it.

Danish

Referee
So he was the only player in the NRL who rocked up late all last season?

not a chance. I’d say plenty did and they were punished accordingly.

Topine is only one that complained about the punishment for being late

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Once the tears started flowing it should have stopped and then moved him on quietly. Bloke obviously wasn't made for the pressures of elite sport, there was no need to be cruel to him.

Iamback

Coach
not a chance. I’d say plenty did and they were punished accordingly.

Topine is only one that complained about the punishment for being late

Correct.

If no one else got the same punishment, Then Topine will argue he was bullied.

Particularly if someone for example had to shave their head as a result

Danish

Referee
Correct.

If no one else got the same punishment, Then Topine will argue he was bullied.

Particularly if someone for example had to shave their head as a result

I’d argue plenty got the same level of punishment. Topine was just the only one who couldn’t handle it and went home in tears.

clubs punish players who turn up late. Be it a physical punishment (extra wrestling, running laps til you spew, etc) or a humiliation (dye your hear, shave your head, wear a skirt, etc), it happens at all clubs. The only difference is no other player - even those who also couldn’t handle it and chose to quit - didn’t sook so much they sued the club

Danish

Referee
Once the tears started flowing it should have stopped and then moved him on quietly. Bloke obviously wasn't made for the pressures of elite sport, there was no need to be cruel to him.

Bullshit. a player breaking down doesn’t automatically mean they are done. The good ones make it through the other side and are better for it.

Corey horsburgh started crying during a game a few years back and had to come off. He pushed through and is on the edge of origin these days.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Bullshit. a player breaking down doesn’t automatically mean they are done. The good ones make it through the other side and are better for it.

Corey horsburgh started crying during a game a few years back and had to come off. He pushed through and is on the edge of origin these days.
Coreys foot was f**ked. Not the same situation.

Game_Breaker

Coach

The tears started flowing when he got home according to the story
I’m not defending the actions of Touma, but geez it’s not $4million worth of damages. He’s taking the piss

Iamback

Coach
I’d argue plenty got the same level of punishment. Topine was just the only one who couldn’t handle it and went home in tears.

clubs punish players who turn up late. Be it a physical punishment (extra wrestling, running laps til you spew, etc) or a humiliation (dye your hear, shave your head, wear a skirt, etc), it happens at all clubs. The only difference is no other player - even those who also couldn’t handle it and chose to quit - didn’t sook so much they sued the club

Likely is true. I am sure the Bulldogs have their side that will vary.

The RLPA should of got involved earlier. I am sure they can ask the reps from the other teams if the punishment was too harsh.

That for me is the question as to whether he is just soft or not

simmo05

Bench
I agree with you Simmo, right up until settling is an admission of guilt. Lots of reasons for settling; top of the list is often life is too short…
The club was adamant they did nothing wrong, surely they would want to clear their stirling reputation by being acquitted?

simmo05

Bench

So you are happy with someone you love to be physically/mentally punished at work? How about humiliated in front of their entire organisation? If you answer yes you are a liar

ouwet

Bench
So you are happy with someone you love to be physically/mentally punished at work? How about humiliated in front of their entire organisation? If you answer yes you are a liar
What's the humiliation? It was a wrestling session!

Last year the number was 10 players then last week 36... now it's between 30-35.

This didn't happen at Belmore, it was at Smeaton Grange, reserve grade wasn't there, dogs at that point had a lot of injured players in rehab group... numbers don't add up.

ouwet

Bench
To counter act the claims of bullying which no doubt will be backed up by Davey and RFM given how they left the club.

Actually Davey left before this happened... RFM if he wants to play anymore NRL won't back him up, no one will trust him anymore... What's he going to say? They trained too hard? Did u see him today? Looks like St George can use some hard training!!