What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Host

Wittenberg

Juniors
If Host is our big hope for the year we are struggling. Good bench player and hopefully, can be used effectively on our fringe, but our big hope? Nope.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I am not convinced of Host, but I keen to see him get some quality minutes. I don't think he was ready for first grade when he debuted 2016. If he isn't ready by now, I doubt he ever will be.
FRANK if superman was playing for the big red V .mary would very quickly deskill him .so lets give host a chance ,and when the f**k do we get a genuine FIRST GRADE COACH

Frank Facer

First Grade
FRANK if superman was playing for the big red V .mary would very quickly deskill him .so lets give host a chance ,and when the f**k do we get a genuine FIRST GRADE COACH
You ask when the f**k do we get a genuine FIRST GRADE COACH? That is a bit like asking When, will I, will I be famous, I can't answer that, I can't answer that.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Host is a very good prospect, he just needs more than a token few minutes. This will be his break-out year, he's a big lad with excellent skills, however, he just lacks confidence, something ALL our players seem to have then dissapates rather rapidly. I wonder why!
Hosty, like a good posty, will deliver.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I have a horrible feeling you may be right. I feel sure once K Sims comes back for rouond 3, our forwards will look like this:

Run-on
Vaughan
McInnes
Kerr
T Sims
Frizell
K Sims or De Belin

Bench
Robson
Graham
Timm or K Sims
Leilua

Rotation
Lawrie
Latimore
Allgood
Blacker

I doubt Kerr, Timm, Allgood and Blacker will play much, if any, first grade this year.

McGregor will stick with his preferred core of forwards.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Let’s hope that he gets a fair crack at showing what he’s got instead of a couple of games/minutes

Blacksafake
I think he will start on the right end for at least the first two rounds.
As we have K Sims unavailable.
Also Vaughan has concussion and will have to have further tests in the next few days. If he passes those he will be available but otherwise he may be out as well

Wittenberg

Juniors
I have been a Host sceptic for a while but I have to take my hat off to him today. Some great defence, especially in the first half. He does not have a power game with the ball but he ran good lines and kept trying.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
After tonight's performance Hosty should be in the team without a doubt. My hope is that when K.Sims becomes available McGregor doesn't shaft him to CC. Sims should replace Latimore, keep Friz at lock and leave Host on the edge.

hermidale1

Juniors
Josh kerr over host any day.
For starters Josh Kerr is a prop at best while Host is an edge.
Secondly Kerr is beaten more times in defence and wouldn't have made half of those tackles. Watch more than the highlight reels and you will see what I mean.