What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacob Loko

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Doesn't get himself involved enough, maybe it is the halves not getting him the ball maybe it is he does call for it. Still great talent.

Fathead

Bench
Hang on a minute, his workrate isnt wonderful. I say he is still 18 months away at the minimum.

Stagger eel

Staff member
it's very difficult to play down this kid, every time I see him I almost break out in a sweat..best back at that age since Hayne and better than INU was.

Noa

First Grade
Looks like a real talent, hard to know how these man-childs will go though once they hit first-grade. Btw does anyone know the status of his Hills High team-mate Jason Havea, was on a 4 year contract with the Storm but Ive been hearing conflicting reports about it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Doesn't get himself involved enough, maybe it is the halves not getting him the ball maybe it is he does call for it. Still great talent.

I through as a centre his involvement was great last night. It was almost like "give the ball to Loko" from the rest of the side last night.

I hope we blood him earlier rather then later, he defiinitely has potential. Remember Jennings went from SG to NRL in several weeks. Next year if he has a strong off season I would start him at centre with Reddy to the wing ( if we don't resign Grothe or purchase a good back).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the guy is a freak, we'd be better off with Loko at right centre atm, he'd do better than Tahu who is doing jack sh*t.

Next year I hope to see Sio on the wing, Loko needs to play closer to the ruck.

I know he wont replace Tahu due to his reputation only, but he is definitely playing considerably better than him atm.

TheRam

Coach
This guy could play NRL now, and his work rate is just fine considering he is playing centre. He is a bit like Hayne at the moment for NYC, whenever they want something to happen they throw it to him. But just like with Hayne, the teams not good enough to capitalize on his brilliance as often as they could and they don't give him enough clean ball. Best junior we have in that team for sure. Sio isn't bad either.

TheRam

Coach
the guy is a freak, we'd be better off with Loko at right centre atm, he'd do better than Tahu who is doing jack sh*t.

I know he wont replace Tahu due to his reputation only, but he is definitely playing considerably better than him atm.

I'd be playing him on the wing first, just like we did with Hayne and see how he develops from there Twiz, but yes he is a freak, with brilliant footwork and powerful running, lovely to watch, go you good thing go!

Avenger

Immortal

Tahu is playing left centre.

Tizzun

Juniors
Sio has also signed with Parra for the next 2 years, so the club does see a future for these guys in the NRL, not sure when though...

Pazza

First Grade
Too good for NYC, way too good! I've never seen a centre make 199m in attack and all of those metres in such devastating fashion. He must have thrown 6 different rooster players a metre each during the game!

Loko and O'hanlon are guys who could make a bit of an impact next season in FG! i'd love to see both of them grow under a full off season of professional training.