What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaeman Salmon

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m still not sure if Nathan Cleary will end up a great half. For mine Cleary has been made to look good by James Maloney. Whenever I watch Cleary play, he never takes the game by the scruff of the neck like Moses did last night. Not saying that Moses is better, just using this weeks games as an example of a half who runs around supporting the big dog and Moses who was the big dog.

Cleary is still 20yrs old. Has he peaked? What level is he at the moment? Why was he picked for SOO?

We know a few things - Excellent goal kicker, doesnt panic. Reads a game well, doesn't overplay hand, Solid kicking game, strong, Excellent tackler for a half.And cool as ice. Will he start taking more risks in attack?

Moses has 3 yrs on him and we know this
His defense is woefull at times and he panics and pushes passes. Also not as good a temperament as Cleary.
But if Moses works on defense which has improved this year and fixes his temperament which comes with age he could be best half in game.

But it is no gaurantee Moses will. He may always be the same player. Bad defense and pushes pass. Why he has more on the highlight reel.

One has no weakness while the other has a lot. Cleary is a safer bet I reckon but Moses on his day is superior. Cleary reminds me of Pearce who never took his game that much higher then what it was in early 20s.

hindy111

Post Whore
Salmon didn't do anything to be able to judge him on. A few nice touches and looks to have a nice step. Lacks power so needs to work on that. Seen little to judge his running and passing and kicking game. Sample size far too small.

Rheed however looks a very confident player. He also looks around 2 or 3 times before time to pass ball so has great awareness.

ash411

Bench
Cleary is still 20yrs old. Has he peaked? What level is he at the moment? Why was he picked for SOO?

We know a few things - Excellent goal kicker, doesnt panic. Reads a game well, doesn't overplay hand, Solid kicking game, strong, Excellent tackler for a half.And cool as ice. Will he start taking more risks in attack?

Moses has 3 yrs on him and we know this
His defense is woefull at times and he panics and pushes passes. Also not as good a temperament as Cleary.
But if Moses works on defense which has improved this year and fixes his temperament which comes with age he could be best half in game.

But it is no gaurantee Moses will. He may always be the same player. Bad defense and pushes pass. Why he has more on the highlight reel.

One has no weakness while the other has a lot. Cleary is a safer bet I reckon but Moses on his day is superior. Cleary reminds me of Pearce who never took his game that much higher then what it was in early 20s.
Stop listening to the Tigpies fans opinion of Moses, his defense is fine, pretty good actually for a half of his size and age.

By the way, he was picked because he's the darling boy of the RL media at the moment. He's good as well, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't picked on skill alone..

hindy111

Post Whore
Moses as I said defense has improved. But ive seen him flung like a fly thats cost us tries.

Latest posts