What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Friend shunned for Indigenous Team to uncontracted nuffie

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Does anyone have a reason why Jake Friend, our VC, and first choice hooker was shunned for the all stars for Travis Waddell, who doesn't even have an nrl team? I can only think that Daley has favouritism for the former raiders hooker, but then he didn't even get a bench spot. Even the souffs second choice hooker who is unproven in the backrow has a starting spot. Jake has proven himself at lock, and should have been picked.

adamkungl

Immortal
Who cares, without JWH picking fights it won't be that interesting. Footy's footy though

SuperiorEasts

Juniors
Yeah I don't care and I don't want any of our guys in, but I still find it insulting. It's not like we can't take our players out of the game anyway. The storm have taken out Slater and Cronk due to "injury", so we'd be able to take Friend out as well.

This game is a joke and bias.

Monk

Referee
It's just another trial game and imo most fans don't give a rats about it. I'm okay with him not getting picked because it means he wont get injured playing in a game that doesn't matter.

bellyache

Bench
It's just another trial game and imo most fans don't give a rats about it. I'm okay with him not getting picked because it means he wont get injured playing in a game that doesn't matter.
Agree totally! But Superior is passionate and wants to see our boys rewarded... We have had a few lean years except for 2010 but the winds are changing Maaaaaaaaate...... Our youth is strong our management is first class and our team in 2012 was capable of a higher position, add to that our new coach and signings and I think Superior will have Plenty to crow about in 2013!

Monk

Referee
Definitely. We're all optimistic about the coming season. The club has mate (what looks to be) a string of fantastic decisions.

Lambretta

First Grade
Do the teams actually play a game or games? If so I'm keen...

I'm also a member of the Souths 7's team - along with Monk and two other Roosters. There are no Souths fans in the Souths team strangely enough, but we get fill in's from Tigers, Warriors etc to make up numbers.

This didn't happen when we were the Roosters for some reason.

Last season we made the Grand Final

Other teams include the Dragons, Storm (though called something else), Jets, Panthers etc.

Lambretta

First Grade
Back on topic - I'm surprised that Jake Friend has been left out in favour of Waddell, but didn't Waddell play for the Indigenous team last season? Maybe incumbency has a part to play?

Personally I'd rather no Roosters took part in any rep footy - including Origin. Watching my team play without its best players because they on rep duties or watching them get injured in nothing games pisses me off.

I'd have a f**king team of Kiwis if it was my choice.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm also a member of the Souths 7's team - along with Monk and two other Roosters. There are no Souths fans in the Souths team strangely enough, but we get fill in's from Tigers, Warriors etc to make up numbers.

This didn't happen when we were the Roosters for some reason.

Last season we made the Grand Final

Other teams include the Dragons, Storm (though called something else), Jets, Panthers etc.

Rename to Roosters tbh

Latest posts