What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jake friend

black cat

Juniors
would expect it to happen the way he played tough in the middle making 100 tackles a game.
What surprised me the most is it took 3 replies before the cap was bought up. amazing considering the school holidays are on.

morley101

Juniors
A lasting memory of Jake Friend was the 2019 Grand Final coming on when Cooper Cronk was sent the bin and kept the middle intact allowing others to spread across the field to cover Cronk's loss. This was done still carrying injury which kept him out for weeks prior.

typicalfan

Coach
A lasting memory of Jake Friend was the 2019 Grand Final coming on when Cooper Cronk was sent the bin and kept the middle intact allowing others to spread across the field to cover Cronk's loss. This was done still carrying injury which kept him out for weeks prior.
Friend was as good as Keary in the grand final in 2018.

Fangs

Coach
Tough player. Had some incidents early in his career that he would regret but I think he is a very different person today.

A bit unlucky not to play more rep football. Had a few opportunities missed due to injury. But he has an enviable club record. 3 grand final wins.

nick87

Coach
I fondly remember a game in 2015, Roosters v Dragons. The line was Roosters -4.5
My mates and i had decided to go unusually heavy on this game to spice up an otherwise dreary monday night

The roosters are home, they have the footy, there is less than a few seconds left, and they're going to win 18-14 and the collective sportsbet accounts of my friends and i are cooked... but St Jake (as he has been known in our group chat ever since) had other ideas
With the siren going in the background and for absolutely no reason at all.. St Jake jumps out of hooker and pots a FG. The roosters cover!

St Jake... you will be missed

Mark B

Juniors
Absolutely no roosters love from me. However Friend is pound for pound one of the toughest and durable players the comp has seen over the past decade. Got the arse from the Roosters when he was sprung with some prescription drugs, some type of sedative like Xanax or similar. No way a hanging offence but had his contract suspended. He came back stronger and his results on the field are what players dream of. Tough as they come and resolute. No doubt winning three premierships will see him looked after by East’s, and so should they. All the best.