What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake what do you have against Luke Burt and Daniel Wagon?

lucablight

First Grade
You always seem to be bagging him out when it's unwarranted. The guy consistently scores tries when he's on the paddock which is what most backs are meant to do aren't they? He's also been loyal to the club. Did he leave you at the altar or something?
Also Daniel Wagon tackles everything that moves. Sure he may not have been at his best this season but some people have short memories don't they?

Utey

Coach
Ok, this is gonna spark a riot. Everyone has their reasons. These are mine.

Luke Burt: He is played out of position and at best is a fringe first grader. Centre is not his position and he either plays really good or really bad. But on his day can be really good. I think we need to see him on the Wing. With Grothe definatly on one wing which will leave Peterson and Burt to fight out for the other. I hope Burt does not start the season at Centre cause it will break my heart. Sure he scores tries but he is simply run over in defense. We cant afford this if we want any chance to go well in 2005. He has been loyal but iam sure he is being paid well. NObody else would have signed him I would think.

Daniel Wagon: Great Clubman and Defender but where is his attacking skills. I think he needs to be at lock but with Mateo coming through i Feel he needs to work to keep his position. If he retains his 01 and 02 form he will be worthy to keep his spot but again he only kept it this year because of Smith.

Burty #-o Burty #-o burty where do I satart,Look Im Sure Burty is a nice fellow but as a footballer he is shit. He cannot tackle, he is inconsistant and chokes under the pressure of a Big Game and always makes mistakes in games at crucial times. He is not 1st grade standard and while his type of player remains in our team we will always struggle.

Wagon( Otherwise known as Nipple face) Look he has great defence but as a lock he needs add more to the game i.e like passing the f**king ball. I once saw him throw a dummy but that was the closest he got to a pass.

So In conclusion are u happy wehere we finished on the ladder?? Your answer is no, so then we must get rid of the SHIT i. Burt, Graham, Wagon (Brians nephew).

I haven't got any favourites I just want to see my team win and thats the difference between people and myself on this forum. People let ther favourtism cloud there judgement on a p[layers performance or the way he plays.

Another one for wagon is the emergence of Feleti his defence is excellent and his attack is a cross between Jason Smith and Jim Dymock.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
Burty #-o Burty #-o burty where do I satart,Look Im Sure Burty is a nice fellow but as a footballer he is sh*t. He cannot tackle, he is inconsistant and chokes under the pressure of a Big Game and always makes mistakes in games at crucial times. He is not 1st grade standard and while his type of player remains in our team we will always struggle.

Wagon( Otherwise known as Nipple face) Look he has great defence but as a lock he needs add more to the game i.e like passing the f***ing ball. I once saw him throw a dummy but that was the closest he got to a pass.

So In conclusion are u happy wehere we finished on the ladder?? Your answer is no, so then we must get rid of the sh*t i. Burt, Graham, Wagon (Brians nephew).

I haven't got any favourites I just want to see my team win and thats the difference between people and myself on this forum. People let ther favourtism cloud there judgement on a p[layers performance or the way he plays.

But to be fair on Luke, he plays much, much, MUCH better at fullback than on the wing or centre - he was pretty good defensively against Cronulla (apart from that sneaky Peavh try).

oldmancraigy

Coach
I agree with the snake!

The fact is that Burt misses 1 out of every 3 tackles he attempts.... that aint so good!

Wags isn't an outstanding defender - he is above average but makes bad reads and rushes out of the line. In attack he offers absolutely zilch. Luckily we have some pretty good forward depth and shouldn't see him in first grade next year!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Burty deserves to be in our current back line possibly on the wing or fullback, but he aint a centre, and for some reason he cannot defend in the centres, yet at fullback he can be defensively very good.

He had a bad year, but he had a few mates, he has had too many good years for me to desert him.

Wags is quiet simple, hes a very good defensive lock, but uncle coach should teach him how to pass, and stop playing favourites.

We cant blame Wags for Smithy actions.

Wags may struggle to get a starting spot in next years forward pack, but only if the other coachinfg staff get into uncle Brian's ear.

He should not be in the team not even at Fullback, He has too manyt mistakes in him. I watched the replay of the 2001 GF (I wish I hadn't) because it just reaffirmed to me that he is shit, he was at least responsible for letting in 2 trys.

Eelementary

Post Whore
People keep bringing up Burt's defensive errors (which is fair enough).

But can any of you honestly tell me you wouldn't want Matt Bowen or Billy Slater in your team's colours?

They've worked very hard on their defence, but they are still no good at it.

But they are gamebreakers.

And I think Luke's early season form - at fullback - was quite similar.

I think Burt is a great attacking fullback. It's a shame we have a great all round fullback in McKinnon.

Utey

Coach
Each good team has a few playmakers in the side. This year we had our 7 and that was it fro a majority. Our options were so limited. Mateo can provide that extra spark whilst also being defensivly sound.

Ahhh Twizzle when did he have a good year?????? Please be specific as every year I go in for a heart bypass operation because of him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
He should not be in the team not even at Fullback, He has too manyt mistakes in him. I watched the replay of the 2001 GF (I wish I hadn't) because it just reaffirmed to me that he is sh*t, he was at least responsible for letting in 2 trys.

I got to agree with you there.

Burt is very inconsistent. When he's good, he's brilliant. But when he's bad...

I suppose next season should be his last chance - wisen up, tighten up your game or bye bye Luke!

Also to Vella and Wagon.

If we want to be competitive, we just cannot afford to have sub-par players, or inconsistent performers.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Each good team has a few playmakers in the side. This year we had our 7 and that was it fro a majority. Our options were so limited. Mateo can provide that extra spark whilst also being defensivly sound.

Don't get me wrong - if I was coach, Feleti would wear the number 13, and maybe Wagon would be on the bench or at centre.

But it isn't our call - it's Brian's.

Anyway, all these deficiencies can be ironed out through coaching. I think it's the coaching - what's the bet that if Burt or Wagon went to the Doggies, Chooks, Panthers or Dragons that they'd be better players?

Vella how could I forget the MOTHER cat. Good riddance after this year Vella and dont forget your handbag. Soft soft soft. The site of Sonny Bill Williams running past him in the 1st game made me sick, he did not even lay a hand on him.

Utey

Coach
Luke is a great back. As soon as he was taken away from that position we started to lose. But I think Mckinnon is 200% better.

Look one thing is for sure everytime we have played these shit player such as Caridge, Wherat and co they were found out in the big games. And just like the Roosters Walker and Hodges and even that twig Finch choked in the big games. They will get found out because they are shit.

lucablight

First Grade
Burty Burty burty where do I satart,Look Im Sure Burty is a nice fellow but as a footballer he is sh*t. He cannot tackle, he is inconsistant and chokes under the pressure of a Big Game and always makes mistakes in games at crucial times. He is not 1st grade standard and while his type of player remains in our team we will always struggle.

Fair enough but if you look at this year who could tackle? Apart from Hindmarsh not many others. I also seem to recall that it was Burt who scored the match winner against Newcastle in the dying seconds under pressure but hey. Also you mentioned you wished to have Eric Grothe on one wing. If you look at the top 10 missed tackle percentages I believe Eric Grothe is somewhere on that list. Why haven't you complained about that?

Daniel Wagon: Great Clubman and Defender but where is his attacking skills. I think he needs to be at lock but with Mateo coming through i Feel he needs to work to keep his position. If he retains his 01 and 02 form he will be worthy to keep his spot but again he only kept it this year because of Smith.

If Mateo is better than Wagon then sure no problem. Sure Wagon offers little in attack but he is a workhorse isn't he? At the current stage would you say Mateo has been going well enough in premier league and Wagon bad enough in first grade for Mateo to take over?

He should not be in the team not even at Fullback, He has too manyt mistakes in him. I watched the replay of the 2001 GF (I wish I hadn't) because it just reaffirmed to me that he is sh*t, he was at least responsible for letting in 2 trys.

I seem to recall Jamie Lyon was responsible for letting in a couple of tries as well. Also who didn't play crap that night?

Also another thing I was wondering (excuse my ignorance) but if Burt was carving it up at fullback in the beginning of the year and Wade Mckinnon has such good defence then why doesn't Wade play in the centres?

Eelementary

Post Whore
lucablight said:
Also another thing I was wondering (excuse my ignorance) but if Burt was carving it up at fullback in the beginning of the year and Wade Mckinnon has such good defence then why doesn't Wade play in the centres?

Wade has great positional play, is a great on-field talker (watch his games closely, and you'll see him 10m behind our defensive line organising our defensive line) and has strong one-on-one defence.

Burt's greatest asset is his speed and broken field running.

I don't think Wade made as much as an impact in attack, but he was always supporting the line breaks, he was always breaking tackles and making line breaks and scored some great tries through sheer pace.

Latest posts