What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake what do you have against Luke Burt and Daniel Wagon?

True EEL

Bench
look this is how it is......

Burt does deserve to be there somewhere, but his defence and general play does not warrant him starting in the centres......wing and more suitably fullback are his positions.....now the major problem lies in the fact that Wade McKinnon is an excellent fullback in all facets of the game????

so play Burt on the wing ahead of Sideshow???? a big if
so play Burt at fullback and McKinnon in the centres??? another if as Mckinnon may be much more suited to fullback???

there is no obvious answer, particularly as i am hoping that Josh Davis will come on in leaps and bounds and may be in first grade at centre very soon and the possibility that Wagon may well find his way back out to the centres next year on occasions???

however, Burt has major problems in defence, however, he was equal top tryscorer, ironically with Sideshow this year and clearly our leading pointscorer (although that may have been different if Witt had been given a fair crack) and has earn't the right to be there somewhere at the start of the year in 05 - but if his form doesn't warrant it.....well he may find himself on the bench or in PL??

oldmancraigy

Coach
BD5733 said:
oldmancraigy said:
The fact is that Burt misses 1 out of every 3 tackles he attempts.... that aint so good!

Burt actually missed closer to every 1 in 5 tackles he attempted in 2004. So your fact was wrong

You're right - I was wrong - but I wasn't far off

He made 8.4 tackles per game and missed 2.7

That means for every 3.1 tackles he made he missed one. Which means that he misses one in every 4!

That's still pretty hopeless for a center!!

Oh - and I believe that Luke Burt was involved in THE MOST try incidents this season (at end of regular season). A try incident is basically a situation where the player concedes a try. So I guess it wouldn't be beyond imagination to suggest that Burt is about the worst defender in the NRL.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hey True Eel - Sideshow scored 14 tries which (I think) was more than Burty??

And I don't think crediting Burt with being top pointscorer is any value at all - it's not like he was kicking goals at 80% or anything - in fact his goal kicking was pretty ordinary... it's not like he was bringing El-Masri-like kicking or anything....

I have a VERY bad feeling that we see Burt in the centers at the beginning of next year..... I guess we'll be trying to outscore our opponents!

Latest posts