What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamaal Lolesi - Champ

It was a sad day to see Jamaal leave the Raiders

• I dont care, Im a terrorist who hates everyone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It sure was, A little bit of canberra died that day

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

paulquinn49

Bench
It was an upsetting day when it was announced one of our champion wingers was leaving the club.

With all the threads that have started up, I thought it would be nice if we shared some great Jamaal moments. If Tongue were to be included in some Jamaal moments it would no doubt be some of the best moments of all our lives.

The Jamaal moment that really has stuck with me was seeing Jamaal in his last game with the Raiders. In the last moments of desperation screaming at the touchie, it made me a Jamaal fan forever. Sure he had like 20 seconds left of being a Raider, But that didnt stop him yelling those last 20 seconds. He showed true passion and commitment even tho he was signed up by another club.

If our next winger is half the player and man Jamaal is I think the Raiders are a very lucky club.

It would be nice if we could share some Jamaal moments together. Have a laugh and a cry as we re-visit the great man Jamaal Lolesi's career at Canberra.

woodgers

Bench
He was rubbish, barely ever in position and couldn't judge kicks to save himself. He's the bulldogs problem now. Bring on the Gafa

edabomb

First Grade
i rated him, wasnt as talented as some others but always gave his best and developed into a quality finisher and solid defender last year. best of luck to him at the dogs

thickos

First Grade
I agree with you quinny :shock: that yes, those scenes at Aussie Stadium last September showed that he was a dedicated raider until the end. And i think 2003 was EASILY his best season in the green, he and marty had a great connection (they scored 5 tries from grubbers in about 7 games or something) and really stepped up his involvement. I too was sad that he left, but someone will fill the void!

I have it on good account he was bawling his eyes out as the team left the SFS that night and gave many Raiders fans hugs on the way out... so the guy was gutted!

I agree with Quinny, I always rated Jamaal. As for my favorite Jamaal moment - I'll never forget that try against the Wests Tigers last year, he was a deadset certainty to be put into touch but in one fell swoop as he was falling over the sideline he placed the ball down for a try right next to the corner post! Awesome stuff.

Poida_Raider

Bench
the man was a great player for the club i reckon, he was pretty solid in defence, i remember when he came in and put a hit on morley and did pretty well!! and he was good in attack, especially when chasing a short grubber to the dead ball line..
but i spose a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.. good luck to him!

ball boy

Bench
Jamall was a very good player but accasionly his positional play would be a bit out and he wouldnt really help choc at the back after a kick but other wise he was a really good player. One of the great moments i remember from him was Lozza's last game at Bruce agaisnt the Panthers. There was a grubber put through and he just kept chasing it and put it down just before the side line and the dead ball line he went absolutley wild and it was really good. He will be missed at the Raiders but we have other players that will be able to replace him and i wish him all the best at the Bulldogs.

i loved it when jamaal was goin off at the touchie in his last game. he showed some good passion. he was a good young player and the dogs are lucky to have him.

i loved it when jamaal was goin off at the touchie in his last game. he showed some good passion. he was a good young player and the dogs are lucky to have him.

Poida_Raider

Bench
its all good mate, we all know you're only trying to get your post count up!!
haha yeah nah, jamaal was good i reckon, i'll be watching him when i see the bulldogs (my dad goes for the dogs), and i'll be cheering him on!

thickos

First Grade
its funny like that, when rocket rod jensen scored tries for the cowboys at the 7s, we cheered, i'll cheer Mick Monas, i'll keep a keen eye on how Lo-lo-lo-lolesi goes at the dogs....yet whenever the name Finch is mentioned I just think of the big 'TRAITOR' banner at the sfs last year!

See brett, you can leave, we don't mind that...but you cant BETRAY us :evil: :evil: :evil: especially not on public tv with gus gould on the sunday footy show the day before you signed with the chooks! Or bag us out at any opportunity! :evil:

greeneyed

First Grade
I think it is best of luck to Lolesi. I can't say he was ever truly outstanding for us, but a useful player and good on him for emerging as a regular first grader. I am sure we will have players coming through to replace him though.

The thing with Finch of course was that 1) we shed a local junior for him only the year before he deserted 2) he was given an armchair ride in first grade in front of that player 3) he showed absolutely no humility about these chances the club gave him 4) he pretended as if he wasn't going to leave or at least it was a real option that he would stay 5) he then does an interview with Gould, Gould as good as promises him rep jerseys if he joins the Roosters, and then virtually the day after 30 June he jumps ship to said Roosters 6) he leaves, plays one game for the Roosters - the WCC in England and then calls himself a "world champion" and bags us over and over. People just don't like being taken for a ride like that.........

Poida_Raider

Bench
hahha, just vote 69..!
i think when a player leaves and is honest to the fans about why they're leaving.. thats when we still like them even though they left us.. but when they're dishonest like finch, its no good..

Anonymous

Juniors
2003 was really his only good season in the lime green. To be truthful for most of last season I would rather have had Rocket Roddy on the wing instead of Jamaal.

I think this season with Flying Phil on one side and Monas on the other we will have two brilliant attacking weapons though.

paulquinn49

Bench
Jamaal was a champ for us in 2003, Great so see most of you supported Jamaal in my super happy poll. i havent even voted yet.

Poida_Raider

Bench
quinny you knobheas!! haha :lol: :lol:
i must say this is one of the threads of the past 72 hours.. if not 96!!

thickos

First Grade
Bit disappointed to read in the Sun Herald this morning though that 'if i had an average 2003 at the raiders, i would have stayed there, but i felt i improved and the dogs offer me a chance to win a competition'.... :shock:

jamaal, mate....don't say things like that.... [-X we'll do more damage than the dogs this year!

Latest posts