What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamal Idris stood down.

macnaz

Staff member
I know first hand he has been hitting the piss pretty hard , but in saying his behavior has always been good whilst ive seen him. Top bloke , wish him well getting over his demons.

Last edited:

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I know first hand he has been hitting the piss pretty hard , but in saying his behavior has always been good whilst ive seen him. Top bloke , wish him well getting over his demons.

I've seen him a couple of times on the piss and he was a shocker!

Canard

Immortal
So the Ben Barba treatment then.

2 weeks and its all magically cured and he is back.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That is not what you said.
That's exactly what I said. Like DT he seems too nice and lacks the intensity that the great players need.
Comparing him to Dave Taylor, saying he doesn't have the attitude to live up to his potential. The logic is complete garbage too but that's no surprise. You just don't say those kinds of things when clearly there's more going on.
I've thought that about Idris since very early in his career. It's not a result of whatever this issue is.

ek999

First Grade
Dave Taylor has never seemed nice, he is always just plain lazy and doesn't like to run at anyone over 100kgs.

You are an idiot

T.S Quint

Coach
Lol BM does it again. When will you blokes get it?

Slothfield is the grub here. Couldn't give a f**k about the situation as long as he's getting one over Gould. It's pathetic.

Too right, Rothfield is an absolute germ.
I just couldn't understand BM's "too nice" comment.
Plenty of nice guys have kicked arse in League for years.

I think he is misinterpreting laziness for niceness.

some11

Referee
I just couldn't understand BM's "too nice" comment.

I think he's mistaken niceness with disillusionment.

If his brother didn't talk him into staying in the NRL he was going to give it up altogether.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e-beyond-the-nrl/story-fniabo6t-1226884261802

“There’s a lot of people in football who try to make the game too serious,” he said. “In essence, it’s a simple game complicated by idiots.

“I’m just not the type of person who can change into that. If they want to change me, they won’t win. Penrith know who I am and how to handle me.

“I’m a human being, not just a footballer.”

Lambretta

First Grade
He misses his spam and tomato sauce sandwiches

I bet he dreams about spam egg spam spam bacon and spam or spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam

Either that or Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam

eozsmiles

Bench
His mother being ill has to be the biggest factor. Add the fact the Panthers are supporting him on his issues is a testament to the good decisions that are being made up at the foot of the mountains in recent times. I say good luck and hope he finds some inner peace. He is great for the game BUT family always comes first no matter what.

All the best and comeback soon

It has been documented that family has been an issue for years. Not surprisingly, family and alcohol issues have trailed many of the game's wayward young stars - Carney, Ferguson, and Dugan to name just three (we don't hear about most of them). They've been hammered by fans and the media - Dugan got a story written about him because he was sitting in a boat and fans pissed themselves. If you're a big name and you find yourself in Jamal's situation, you might get your turn.

Prominence is key with this story too. Not too many people have been told about the problems James Roberts has faced, probably because he is only a fringe first grader.

Latest posts