What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Evans quits rugby league

paulquinn49

Bench
CANBERRA Raiders centre James Evans has quit rugby league, saying he has lost his passion for the sport.
Raiders coach Matthew Elliott and general manager Don Furner are to announce Evans' decision to leave the code later today.
A spokesman for the NRL club said the 25-year-old has lost the passion to play and wants to spend time travelling.
Evans has gone through a lengthy recovery from a knee reconstruction following an horrific injury sustained in 2002 which sidelined him for 13 months.
He managed only three first grade games last year as he returned from injury and has spent this year playing in premier league.

legend

Coach
It's true, it was on the NRL site. At least he will gree up 25k of the salary cap.

thickos

First Grade
OK, thanks legend. Still disappointing. James is a wonderful person and a credit to the Raiders. I know Montz will be extremely disappointed, she is his biggest fan. A wonderful person and he's always great to talk to.

All the best James - enjoy the travelling.

Ah that's a shame.

I've always wondered what would've happened had he not crashed into the goalpost that night against Parra. He could've been great for us.

Kingytek

Juniors
CANBERRA Raiders centre James Evans has quit rugby league, saying he has lost his passion for the sport.
Raiders coach Matthew Elliott and general manager Don Furner are to announce Evans' decision to leave the code later today. A spokesman for the NRL club said the 25-year-old has lost the passion to play and wants to spend time travelling. Evans has gone through a lengthy recovery from a knee reconstruction following an horrific injury sustained in 2002 which sidelined him for 13 months. He managed only three first grade games last year as he returned from injury and has spent this year playing in premier league. Evans is one of a number of NRL players who have reconsidered their playing futures in recent months.
Test and Parramatta centre Jamie Lyon turned his back on the game after the opening round, saying he was disillusioned with professional football and wanted to return to his NSW country hometown Wee Waa.
Fellow representative centre Mark Gasnier took a weekend off in March to consider his future before deciding to stick with St George Illawarra.
And Sydney Roosters back Justin Hodges was granted two weeks compassionate leave earlier this year to sort out personal issues.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,9519378-23209,00.html

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea had not been for that goal post i dare say he would might of been in selectors minds
Unlucky champion, good luck with the travel :)

P.S please pack Bulgarelli aswell :lol:

jed

First Grade
Sorry to see you go Jimmy, I've always been a huge rap for you.

Good luck with the future, hope that if you have a change of heart we never have to play against you.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Wee Waa Panthers are going to have a couple of good centres now.

woodgers

Bench
I heard he was going off to tame big cats. That may have been a vicious rumour though.

Good luck James. If you come across any good halves or centres on your travels can you please send them to:

Raiders Headquarters
ATTN: M. Elliott
Battye Avenue
Bruce ACT

All the best

TRANSLATION

Juniors
The kid was a good player, I had him in a few of my Head to Head comps in the Fantasynrl game.

A bad loss, a good talent.

What the hell are kids thinking today ](*,)

like all of those in our 30's +. He will regret it one day.

Montz

Juniors
Oh what a shame! James was always one of my favourite players, and didn't mind to tell him that either when i would meet him. Sad to see him leave the game. He was always so nice and friendly!
All the Best James.

greeneyed

First Grade
I am sad to see him leave mid season like this. I have to say I was one who said he should be in Premier League, but good luck to him in what he now wants to do.

Poida_Raider

Bench
all the best jimmy. who knows, after you travel the world, you might want to play footy again.. and who knows.

all the best champion! :clap:

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Unfortunately injury probably robbed him of his greatest assest, that being his speed and step. Was never the same player when he came back from that injury.

Goodluck in the future.

DrewBeliever

Juniors
Sad to see you go, James!!
All the best in the future, what ever you decide to do.... who know's maybe you'll end up in England some day, playing our sweaty game :D
Good Luck in the future champ.
Michaela-Yvette Kelis :cry: