What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham a Bulldog in 2012

Doga

Juniors
James Graham a Bulldog in 2012
27/04/2011 11:01:17 AM
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have secured a signing coup with current Great Britain international and 2010 England captain James Graham agreeing to join the Club on a three year deal commencing in 2012.

25 year old Graham will link with the Bulldogs on the back of a stellar nine season career with St Helens in the English Super League.

During his career at Saints he claimed such accolades as the 2008 Man of Steel Award, the Rugby League Writers Player of the Year, World XIII selection, and being named the best prop in the world.

Elevated to the England captaincy prior to the 2010 Four Nations tournament held in Australia and New Zealand following injury to Jamie Peacock and Adrian Morley, Liverpool-born Graham says testing himself in the National Rugby League was something he always had on his to-do list.

“The decision to leave St Helens has been by far the biggest decision of my Rugby League career,” Graham says.

“I’ve been on the books with Saints since I was 11 years old and I grew up supporting the Club. I love the place and I never wanted to play against them, and as such I didn’t consider any other Super League options.

“Testing myself in the NRL is something I’ve always wanted to do, and the Bulldogs just seemed right from day one. From meeting with Todd Greenberg and Kevin Moore and also Peter Mulholland, I got a feeling that the Bulldogs are a Club heading in the right direction.

“They made it clear to me that they saw me as a big part of the future of the Club and I’m looking forward, after a successful finish to my time at Saints, to linking with the Club at the end of the year.”

Bulldogs head coach Kevin Moore says Graham was a key acquisition for his side and adds more international quality to the forward pack.

“James is a player of the highest quality and we’re very much looking forward to having him on board from next season onwards,” Moore says.

“He’s been rated among the best front rowers in the world for a number years now and it’s always exciting to add international quality to your forward pack. Being the current captain of England his leadership qualities are obvious and he will be a great addition to our Club and our team.

“I think he’s going to make a big impression across the NRL.”

Bulldogs Chief Executive Officer Todd Greenberg has echoed Moore’s sentiments, saying Graham will be a great acquisition across the board for the Club.

“One of the things that struck me about James is his genuineness,” Greenberg said. “He was up front about wanting to test himself in the NRL and was also up front about the qualities he wanted in the Club he was going to join.

“He’s obviously come through a very close-knit environment at St Helens, who have fostered him from a very young age and have done a fantastic job with him both on and off the field.

“There were a number of NRL Clubs in the hunt for James and we take it as a compliment that such a fine young man sees the Bulldogs as having the right type of environment to further himself in football and life.”

Graham will link with the Bulldogs in time for the 2012 pre-season.

JAMES GRAHAM

DOB: 10/09/1985, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Height: 188cm
Weight: 106kg

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default....id=36072&title=james-graham-a-bulldog-in-2012

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Thats a brilliant signing for you guys. Tolman, Ennis and Graham is quite a front row. Havent seen much of him but im sure he is no pony

Doga

Juniors
Line up next year..

1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Tim Lafai
4. Josh Morris
5. Michael Lett
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodgkinson
8. Aidan Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. James Graham
11. Andrew Ryan
12. Frank Pritchard
13. David Stagg

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Mickey Paea
16. Corey Payne
17. Grant Millington

19. Sam Kasiano
20. Jake Foster
21. Bryson Goodwin
22. Josh Reynolds
23. Aidan Sezar
etc etc

Big Mick

Referee
Line up next year..

1. Ben Barba
2. Steve Turner
3. Tim Lafai
4. Josh Morris
5. Michael Lett
6. Kris Keating
7. Trent Hodgkinson
8. Aidan Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. James Graham
11. Andrew Ryan
12. Frank Pritchard
13. David Stagg

14. Greg Eastwood
15. Mickey Paea
16. Corey Payne
17. Grant Millington

19. Sam Kasiano
20. Jake Foster
21. Bryson Goodwin
22. Josh Reynolds
23. Aidan Sezar
etc etc

Ryan gone no?

ByRd

First Grade
Ryan could stay cause he would get exemptions for being a long serving player etc. so they make give him another year but i personally think this should be his last year with us.

SaintMick1

Juniors
Hi all ..I've been a St Helens fan for all of my 40 years . . Go every game without fail. A rugby fanatical to say the least ... Mr James Graham !!! "JAMMER" . What can i say about him ??? This guy is top of the tree the best of the best in our league . never stops can play for 80 mins . Different league from the other English players in NRL . Us St Helens fans are devastated he's going . You'll love Jammer he's the complete article .. Good luck for next year i for one have an excuse to be a Bulldog fan in your comp ..

Mick ..

Doga

Juniors
Hi all ..I've been a St Helens fan for all of my 40 years . . Go every game without fail. A rugby fanatical to say the least ... Mr James Graham !!! "JAMMER" . What can i say about him ??? This guy is top of the tree the best of the best in our league . never stops can play for 80 mins . Different league from the other English players in NRL . Us St Helens fans are devastated he's going . You'll love Jammer he's the complete article .. Good luck for next year i for one have an excuse to be a Bulldog fan in your comp ..

Mick ..

Welcome aboard mate.

Always sucks to lose one of your own, i feel for you guys and know the feeling. He seems just the fit for the Bulldogs club.

Like I said, welcome aboard!!

Doga

Bulldog Force

Referee

Mick ..
We feel ya mate. We're all too familiar with big named players leaving us over the years, most recently, Jamal Idris. I'm sure your Jammer will be a worthy replacement of our Jammer. Welcome aboard mate :D

LunarPark

Juniors
Great signing, big loss for Saints and Super league but he should step up with ease. Next years pack looks very strong.

Doga

Juniors
Yeah, should be a very good pack. Loving the look of Corey Payne this year!!!

James Graham
Aidan Tolman
Mickey Paea
Corey Payne
Greg Eastwood
Frank Pritchard
Andrew Ryan
Sam Kasiano
Jake Foster
David Stagg

Some mongrel, some flair, some offload ability etc

richies

Juniors

Mick ..

Hey Mick sorry about you guyes loosing him
but we loose heaps of NRL players and quality players to your country every year, and slowly the best of your crop are wanting to test themselves over here, anyhow
just wondering if James has an offload in him and if you could tell us more about him cheers
good to hear he can play long minutes as 1 of our young front rowers does that also

Hey Mick sorry about you guyes loosing him
but we loose heaps of NRL players and quality players to your country every year, and slowly the best of your crop are wanting to test themselves over here, anyhow
just wondering if James has an offload in him and if you could tell us more about him cheers
good to hear he can play long minutes as 1 of our young front rowers does that also

Just noticed this. Yes he does have an offload in him, at times he looks like he has the hands of a stand off (or five eighth as you lot would say!)

On occasions he passes the ball too much but there are times when he takes the ball in from a kick off and then just before a collision, he will pass a short ball and put someone through a gap. Beautiful to watch.

You guys are in for a treat. Look after him, so he can come back to us at the end of his contract :D

Latest posts