What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

Back on Graham, you can see by my username that I watch him every week. A world class player who can go for 80 mins. He also has a good offload and a great pair of hands.

He has been really honest with Saints fans and admitted that he is 50/50 about leaving. He is torn between staying at his beloved club all his career and becoming a local legend like Cunningham is/was for us, or testing himself in the NRL which is the superior comp. He has nothing to prove in the UK, has won the Challenge Cup and GF's and has already been at our club for 8 yrs.

The only real pull for him to stay with us, is to lead us out in our new stadium in 2012. Whichever Aussie club does sign him (if he goes) will be in for a treat. He is simply superb.

chefman21

Juniors
James Graham is the second best forward in the world at the moment in my opinion. I want him at the Roosters no doubt, and I think he should be a high priority signing, but if we don't get him I would be quite happy to see him at the Panthers. Having said that, your halves are an issue and have been for the last couple of years. There really isn't much off contract at the end of next season, but two come to mind - Mullen and Ben Jones.

Mullen is a great player albeit a little inconsistent. He has a good running game, a great passing game and an even better kicking game. I think a change of scenery may be just the tonic he needs to regain his Origin form. I think he would really compliment Walsh and the rest of the team in general.

Jones was the other. After we signed Watts, I really can't see a spot for him, especially since we have Carney and Anasta that can play 5/8, and Friend, Aubusson and Watts who can play hooker. He's a really talented player, who has been screwed around by the Roosters a bit. He's been put in the centres which just seems strange to me. I wanted him in my 17 until we signed Watts, who admitedly is further along in his career and the more complete player at the moment. He'll be looking for a first team spot and I think the Panthers or Titans would be a good option for him. The nice thing about these two clubs is they need halves and they have experienced campaigners around to help the new guy looking to make a spot his own i.e Prince and Campbell at the Titans and Lewis, Burns, Kingston and Walsh at the Panthers.

There is also Maloney, but good luck getting him... I think he loves it at the Warriors. He'd be my first or second choice in competition with Mullen.

Doomednow

Bench
Civo talking it up, though it looks like there's a lot of competition for him.

Graham may be the next great import: Civoniceva

Glenn Jackson

October 27, 2010
AT A TIME it seems to be all the rage for the best of British forwards to descend on the NRL, Kangaroos prop Petero Civoniceva believes it is time for James Graham, the English captain, to join them.
Civoniceva hopes Graham, who will oppose him this Sunday in Melbourne in the Kangaroos' second Four Nations encounter, will follow the lead of Gareth Ellis and Sam Burgess, who have switched from Super League to the NRL with outstanding success.
''I think he has to be the next forward to come out here and test himself,'' Civoniceva said. ''I think he's more than capable of replicating what Sam Burgess and Gareth Ellis have done. He's got an amazing workrate and he's great for them. Although it is a big loss losing [Adrian] Morley [to injury], he [Graham] has stepped into his shoes quite nicely.
Advertisement: Story continues below
''I'd like to see him come out. Hopefully that's an option for him. I think he'd kill it out here.''
It certainly appears to be an option. Graham is off-contract with St Helens at the end of next season and the 25-year-old is so keen to join fellow England forwards Ellis and Burgess in the NRL that he has appointed Australian player agent David Riolo to handle his affairs.
''He's got an amazing workrate for a big bloke,'' Civoniceva said. ''He's got great feet, great skill with the ball too - not too many of us front-rowers have that ability. I think he'd be the next guy to come over and be a big hit over here.
''The great thing about Ellis and Burgess is it was something they wanted to do. And they've done it.
''With all the potential he has, I think he'd be a huge success.''
Graham has already been linked with Sydney Roosters, Wests Tigers, Manly and the Warriors. But Civoniceva hopes he might consider his Penrith Panthers too.
''I don't know how we're placed within the cap,'' Civoniceva said. ''I'd love to play alongside him.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-great-import-civoniceva-20101026-172gj.html

BONUS. Also, I know this is way off topic but it came up on the same page for a different article. I give you the creepiest pic of Lockyer you will likely ever see:

darrenlockyer-600x400.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/...tralia-v-papua-new-guinea/20101021-16v20.html

You're welcome.

Kilkenny

Coach
There was always going to be hence why I am not confident of getting him. Whenever we compete with other teams for players we can never get the deal done.

Having said that out of those clubs mentioned we should have the most cap space available only Parra would have as much money left but aren't chasing him

James Graham will be in the NRL in 2012. He will be with either the Eels ($3.50) or the Broncos ($4-00). Kilkenny odds. Panthers (name your price).

murraymob

Coach
He could be here earlier the sticking point will be the final year of his contract will have to be paid out .He wants to come now

Kilkenny

Coach
From what I have seen James Graham is a terrific talent and would surely be a huge success in the NRL.

He would be a marquee signing of the highest calibre which largely rules us out of the equation.

murraymob

Coach
Leary has been in negotiations with his manager .But you can imagine the sort of money he can command and how many club also are interested in him.I think he has that x factor we need

maple_69

Bench
Would be brilliant to bolster our pack in 2012 and take over Civ's leadership role the next year.
Obviously Mckendry and Grant are prodigious talents, but I think a strong front row rotation will, for the foreseeable future, be the key to a successful Penrith team.

Big Mick

Referee
Apparantly withdrawn our interest.

That'd be f**king right.

We'd rather sign hacks like Purtell, Plum, Puletua...and probably Joel Clinton...never mind getting someone with actual class and ability.

I hate this club sometimes.

franklin2323

Immortal
Apparantly withdrawn our interest.

That'd be f**king right.

We'd rather sign hacks like Purtell, Plum, Puletua...and probably Joel Clinton...never mind getting someone with actual class and ability.

I hate this club sometimes.

I knew we would never get him. We are hopeless with recruiting and can only get rejects he is not that so sadly we wont even try once another club shows interest

Fibroman

First Grade
I knew we would never get him. We are hopeless with recruiting and can only get rejects he is not that so sadly we wont even try once another club shows interest

The only talent we ever get is local talent we manage to hang onto because the other clubs let them slip through the cracks.

The only quality purchases we have had from my memory are: Civ, Preston, Bangers, Lewie, kelly.

Look at our superstars: Fittler, Brandy, Gower, Lewis, Jennings, Geyer, Cartwright, Puletua, Van Der Voort, Izzard..... all home grown.

Feel free to add to the list. It's 2am and I've had a thousands bourbons.

soc123_au

Staff member
Joergenson wasn't a bad buy, not a superstar by any stretch but was a good thing at the time.

soc123_au

Staff member
He went alright, his dodgy knees were a let down but when fit he could sniff out a try. I think he did a good job until Wesser was ready.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yep, who could forget the airplane. I remember Adamson the dill doing it ball in hand before he planted it down.