What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham.

Best Holden Boots said; “I’ve been critical of Graham for awhile now even to the point thinking he’s playing injured...”

I know everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but I find this comment odd, considering Graham has played with one hundred percent commitment both in attack and defense in every game since arriving and was also the same in the World Cup. I can’t think of one off game.

No you misunderstood.
I’m not saying he’s not putting in, his commitment and team spirit have been outstanding.
It’s just some his running recently seems to be without the same vigour it once was, and as I said, maybe that’s the team plan, get to the ground fast, quick play the balls.

How ever, there was a point yesterday, about ten minutes in that he looked pretty gassed, but hat may have been him picking up a small knock.

I would never question the experience and commitment he’s bought to the Dragons.

Belta

Juniors
Yeah it looked like Graham did favour his side or hip at one point. I do agree he appeared to hit the line harder yesterday, although it’s fair to say he is not necessarily a power player, moreso an all rounder ie high work rate/involvement type player

dragonssamy61

First Grade
No you misunderstood.
I’m not saying he’s not putting in, his commitment and team spirit have been outstanding.
It’s just some his running recently seems to be without the same vigour it once was, and as I said, maybe that’s the team plan, get to the ground fast, quick play the balls.

How ever, there was a point yesterday, about ten minutes in that he looked pretty gassed, but hat may have been him picking up a small knock.

I would never question the experience and commitment he’s bought to the Dragons.

BGB
He was hit high in the first or second set of the match and was a bit fuzzy and took a while to get over it.
In my option what you have said is correct.
Yesterday he played against one of the better packs in the comp and held his own.
As you say he is a leader off and on the field.
And one of the funniest block you will ever meet.

Gareth67

First Grade
My only issue with Sir James is his victory song jig from the sheds yesterday which resembled a giddy school girl skipping on the spot waving a ribbon in the air :joy:.

JDB needs to show him how to cut a rug :grinning:

Have noticed the same myself and also that he stands at the back of the locker room when the song is being sung .
It is almost as if he feels like an outsider, at least that's the impression I get , but agree Red V Life about that ' twirling ' of his hand - most unsportsmanlike to say the least .
Dragonsammy61 if you are reading this tell the chap to move closer to the action in future and that also goes for Hunt and any of the new younger players who have made their NRL debuts .

ouryears

Bench
Have noticed the same myself and also that he stands at the back of the locker room when the song is being sung .
It is almost as if he feels like an outsider, at least that's the impression I get , but agree Red V Life about that ' twirling ' of his hand - most unsportsmanlike to say the least .
Dragonsammy61 if you are reading this tell the chap to move closer to the action in future and that also goes for Hunt and any of the new younger players who have made their NRL debuts .

Just to check, I utubed Bulldogs songs and he did the same thing there mate, so it's all ok

He stands in the background and twirls his fingers in the air.

I think he is worried if he is up at the front he has to take his jersey off ....exposing his white
3 pack versus the other boys 6 packs. Ha ha

Gareth67

First Grade
Just to check, I utubed Bulldogs songs and he did the same thing there mate, so it's all ok

I think he is worried if he is up at the front he has to take his jersey off ....exposing his white

You could very well be on to something there my friend , but what the heck , as far as I am concerned the man can twirl both his hands and feet in the air for that matter as long as he continues on his rampaging way .

ouryears

Bench
I think Ponga is the best signing in the NRL this year.

He is very very good mate.
He creates tries and is a wonderful player.

But we have an organiser who 16 other blokes rely on to roll out the game plan, get us into good field position, and organise the full works along with Widdop.

In this case I reckon Hunt is the buy of the year. He is the band master, he is in charge of the orchestra.

Ponga is a very very good player in the orchestra.

slippery5

Juniors

I disagree, I thought each week he is getting more Patriotic in the victory songs knowing this is possibly his best chance of a ring. Did you see how Fritz was listening to every word that James was saying one on one after the game???

Frank Facer

First Grade
He is very very good mate.
He creates tries and is a wonderful player.

But we have an organiser who 16 other blokes rely on to roll out the game plan, get us into good field position, and organise the full works along with Widdop.

In this case I reckon Hunt is the buy of the year. He is the band master, he is in charge of the orchestra.

Ponga is a very very good player in the orchestra.
I rate Hunt as the second best buy of the year. I also think Hunt is the best buy that we have made since I have been following Saints since 1979. I have always wanted us to have a top line halfback and with Hunt we finally have one.

I am starting to think that Ponga could be the best ball player in the comp. His short passing game is superb and his long passing game is magnificent. I actually wish we would have bought him too.

I want to see Dufty get more involved, sniffing around the ruck, following forwards, even getting into dummy half and scooting out from there and running around tired forwards. Dufty and our outside backs have to learn to put plays on together. Dufty has to learn how to be our extra 5/8.