What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts released

Nealo 12

Bench
What a shame, I guess some guys will never learn, he had potential but I suppose we won't see it. Where for him now ?

murraymob

Coach
sadly he has talent but no use if you dont want work hard to improve his talent.Opens the door for guys like jennings .I think MX might cry at this news

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers sack James Roberts

March 14, 2014, 7:23 pm

The career of Penrith utility back James Roberts is in doubt after the Panthers sacked him on Friday.
Roberts, 20, was thrown a career lifeline by the Panthers after he was axed by South Sydney for repeated off-field indiscretions in 2012.
The Panthers released a statement on Friday night saying they had terminated the NRL flyer's contract.
"Panthers General Manager Rugby League Phil Moss has today informed player James Roberts that the club would be releasing him from his contract, effective immediately," the statement read.
"The club will not be making any further comment on the issue, other than to say Panthers has no objection whatsoever to James joining another NRL club to pursue his dream of a rugby league career.
"We wish James all the best for the future."
The South Sydney junior is currently on the injured list after breaking his ankle in pre-season.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/21984607/panthers-sack-james-roberts/

Join the congo line with all the other twist-tops.

mxlegend99

Referee
sadly he has talent but no use if you dont want work hard to improve his talent.Opens the door for guys like jennings .I think MX might cry at this news
Why? Its not like he has proven himself as a first grader yet like Jennings or Gordon. He's just a freakish speedster with potential. 2 big injuries in 2 years... Might never reach it. Its a shame to lose such promise, but looking at who else we have it's not going to hurt us.

Still have the Jenko brothers, Nabouli, K Naiqama, DWZ, Blake etc. to push for a spot.

maple_69

Bench
Shame. Good luck to the bloke, he had great potential but I didn't think he'd figure much for us given the talent ahead and behind him. More importantly, I'm glad the club is ensuring it is dickhead free.
Dogs would be the logical destination but he could also be good for Cronulla.

Blues Riff

Bench
Silly boy. He's blown a big opportunity. It won't affect us much.
Sharks should jump. Their reputation is already shot.
Good luck to the bloke.

EDIT... I didn't read your post Maple You said it so much better :D

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
I'm very impressed with how this has been handled. No attention from the media and the club dealt with it professionally.

BOMAR

Juniors
Have any of our experiments with bad boys ended possitively. I for one cannot remember any.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Panthers General Manager Rugby League Phil Moss has today informed player James Roberts that the club would be releasing him from his contract, effective immediately
But if a player wants to terminate, effective immediatley.............................not on.

f**king one street.

(Not a dig at panthers - all clubs)