What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

james roberts

sad way to see a kid barely 18 hit heartbreak with that hand injury in the sheds. Hopefully its only bruised.

What did everyone think of him tonight?.

Thought he defended very well and took down idris one stage in the game. Made a good try saver on barba and he looked exceptionally dangerous when he touched the ball... His speed and his pound for pound strength is his assets and he is quicker then barba as he almost nearly caught him with the opposing 1 a 15 m headstart.

He is more then ready and i am just very very excited to see his future.

Dogmatix

Juniors
James Roberts has a good future in the NRL. But really he should not be playing NRL till 2013. He needs more time to strengthen up otherwise he will get injured again, maybe more seriously next time

Gus in the past has suggested teenagers should be barred from playing in the NRL and this is looking increasingly like a good idea. Bulldogs showed the right way with Ben Barba. Barba played a full year of U20s then a full year of NSW Cup before coming into the NRL. Barba was a good U20s player back in 2008 and is only now really ready to fire in the NRL. Sandow was also good in U20s in 2008 showing how long it takes to make a good NRL player

Roberts should stay in U20s for 2011, NSW Cup for 2012 and NRL in 2013. In the meantime Merritt can play fullback

watatank

Coach
On the flip side you'd have players like Dugan, Coote, Croker, Gardner, Idris, etc just making their debuts only this year. Mini Hoppa wouldn't even be playing for two years.

Sorry that would be if players were forced to stay in under 20s until first grade

DC_fan

Coach
James Roberts has a good future in the NRL. But really he should not be playing NRL till 2013. He needs more time to strengthen up otherwise he will get injured again, maybe more seriously next time

Gus in the past has suggested teenagers should be barred from playing in the NRL and this is looking increasingly like a good idea. Bulldogs showed the right way with Ben Barba. Barba played a full year of U20s then a full year of NSW Cup before coming into the NRL. Barba was a good U20s player back in 2008 and is only now really ready to fire in the NRL. Sandow was also good in U20s in 2008 showing how long it takes to make a good NRL player

Roberts should stay in U20s for 2011, NSW Cup for 2012 and NRL in 2013. In the meantime Merritt can play fullback

Its my understanding that Roberts has some history of injuries.

For me playing him last night was a real sign of desperation by Lang.

BunniesMan

Immortal
He went well, looks to be a great player in the making. A rare bright spot this season, IMO a 10 year player.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Finally some good news. Would have hated it if he was out with a long term injury right after making such a promising debut. Can't wait to see him against the Sharks.

Not much to be positive about at the moment with Burgess going down and thought Roberts would have a few weeks on the sidelines and Sandow all but gone as it appears.

But good news for Roberts and I am looking forward to next week now.

thomas10do

Juniors
On the flip side you'd have players like Dugan, Coote, Croker, Gardner, Idris, etc just making their debuts only this year. Mini Hoppa wouldn't even be playing for two years.

Sorry that would be if players were forced to stay in under 20s until first grade

Its one of those things where I guess you have the size genes or not:lol: Dugan/Idris/Hoppa are about 3 times Roberts' size....Idris could have played NRL at 16!:D

As for when each of those players made their debut......just check that. OF all of them I guess we could only compare Roberts to Gardner. And guarenteed his gym time wil double now that he's at the top as it looks like Gardner's has.

With regards to how he did.....he did the basics right. Its all I ask for. Do more right than wrong and you keep the jersey.

slammingsam

Juniors
Roberts has only ever been troubled by a back injury during last years SG Ball Season which he didnt partake in. He isnt small and has a good frame. It is not a matter of size if you wack your forearm and it breaks/bruises or whatever.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Unless he did something illegal he's got to come back next week, Talanoa was our worst on the field. Roberts on debut looked better than Talanoa has in a long time.

Rabbitohs drop flyer over grog

893376-james-roberts.jpg

Booze ban: James Roberts, nephew of Amos Roberts, was dropped to the Rabbitohs Toyota Cup side for the round 10 clash against the West Tigers after registering a blood alcohol reading of 0.06 at a team training session. Picture: Mark Evans Source: The Daily Telegraph

BOOM South Sydney junior James Roberts has been stood down from the NRL for disciplinary reasons after breaking the club's strict no-alcohol policy at training.

Under the club's code of conduct, players are randomly breath tested at training sessions and must register a reading of under 0.05.
Roberts, the nephew of ex-NRL excitement machine Amos Roberts and one of the hottest emerging prospects in the code, was marginally over the limit when he registered 0.06 last Thursday.
Instead of playing in the NRL on the Rabbitohs' left wing against Wests Tigers last night the La Perouse junior was dropped to Toyota Cup, where he played fullback.
South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson confirmed Roberts had been dropped after the club posted the initial report of his axing on the Rabbitohs' website.
"I don't want to go into it but we've got a code of conduct and he breached the code of conduct," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rabbitohs-drop-flyer-over-grog/story-e6frexni-1226055896686

Latest posts