What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

STGI

Juniors
Bright without him brighter with him

But won't be happening he was seen at Brisbane this morning.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Definitely a done deal! His mind games are getting so old now, everyone knows what he means. Just pisses me off how the Broncos are use so much third party money to get a player when they don't have enough under their cap to pay for him.

Same ol same ol.......makes me sick to...that's what happens when your the only team in town.....all those in business only have one team to throw their money at....hence a lot of tpd ....the sooner Brisbane get more teams in the comp the better...then again Im not sure the NRL want it that way
imo

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Just sign with the Broncos and move on.They will have to shed a quality local kid to fit him in.His record is not that stable and I am not sure he is a fir for the Brisbane mob.I am sure I would not let Aitken go to get Roberts ,particularly with his past baggage.The dope should have stayed with the Titans.

dragonsben

Juniors
I was just making the point that I would pay overs to get him. And would have used some of Lafais money to do so...
just like parra have done - clubs haven't been able to compete with their offers

however I'm not a fan of the players they have signed in considering the money their on

Minh

First Grade
Not laughing mate.
reflect on the post again ... it was in reference to paying Jimmy a combined salary... relax.

He is a talent, almost everyone agrees. However, if he doesnt come over, for whatever reason, so be it. We were in there with a good fight.

2016 still looks bright with or without Roberts.

Agree, our signings this year have been astute and looking forward to 2016 big time...with Roberts great, without no biggie, we have a young gun by the name of Aitken amongst other very good players, I think Lafai is a lock for one centre spot.

STGI

Juniors
Guys I can tell you that James Roberts has signed a 1.5 million dollar over 3 years with Wayne's Brisbane broncos.

The Nick

Bench
I think there is something wrong with the rules the NRL have in place when a player leaves a minnow club, is on the open market, and goes to the club that just about won a premiership. As opposed to any of the clubs outside the 8 or trying to build. I don't think that's a good look for the game.

What happened to the idea that the top clubs had to shed players...instead, they seem to have an endless pit.

I'm no fan of the position our management has put us in, but I am becoming pretty over this crap. Either enforce the rules or don't have them at all.

This x 1000

Just reported on the news the 3 clubs have been given until tomorrow morning to submit final offers . He will make a call tomorrow .

Press conference Friday.

willzy91

Juniors
Ok so the Broncos get Roberts and yes we will be hating those donkeys even more for cheating the system! But look on the bright side, we have a really exciting young fullback in kurt Mann who was highly regarded at the Melbourne Storm. We have a really exciting young winger in Taane Milne who if stays injury free could really shine! Kurt has great ball skills and although he doesn't have the speed that Roberts has, he has a great mind set to be an effective ball playing fullback to set up the likes of Dugan, Lafai, Nightingale and either Milne or matuatia. So I'm pretty dam excited regardless! I was obviously excited to see Roberts in the red v but also a little hesitant as to his ball playing abilities which is reality is what we as a club need as a fullback.

watatank

Coach
Roberts can be on a similar level to emerging fullbacks like Tuivasa-Sheck and Tedesco, maybe better. He is good enough to be NSW fullback if he played for us. It would be hard not to be disappointed in missing out on a player like him.

willzy91

Juniors
Roberts can be on a similar level to emerging fullbacks like Tuivasa-Sheck and Tedesco, maybe better. He is good enough to be NSW fullback if he played for us. It would be hard not to be disappointed in missing out on a player like him.

Oh I couldn't agree with you more! And if the reports are true that money isn't an issue for him and it's more about the club environment then Bennett will always win..and it's really unfortunate because he could have flourished at St George. If he doesn't come we need to look at the positives and the players that we already have that want to put the extra effort in for us.

willzy91

Juniors
This is a bit of a far fetched statement but I have a feeling that Jack Bird is waiting for the announcement of Roberts' decision to be offical before making his decision. If Roberts doesn't go to the dragons he might look to sign with us and attempt for an early release where he could play fullback until his move to the halves when benji leaves...just a thought.

St Georgio

Juniors
This is a bit of a far fetched statement but I have a feeling that Jack Bird is waiting for the announcement of Roberts' decision to be offical before making his decision. If Roberts doesn't go to the dragons he might look to sign with us and attempt for an early release where he could play fullback until his move to the halves when benji leaves...just a thought.

It seems that for most here, to win a comp we need one more top gun.
If it's Bird so be it.

Ok so the Broncos get Roberts and yes we will be hating those donkeys even more for cheating the system! But look on the bright side, we have a really exciting young fullback in kurt Mann

Sometimes I really hate this forum.

Give me strength.

Straight Shooter

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Sometimes I really hate this forum.

Give me strength.

Straight Shooter

Then leave !
Not worth you getting all upset and suffering from anguish all day.
The world could be a better place for it and you could return to your grey skies elsewhere.
You have a great day now :D

Latest posts