What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

V

Vasilevsky

I can't see how a fringe first grader can cover cap space for the likes of Ben teo who was demanding 500k a season at the rabbits and wants even more at the Broncos let alone 5 other key players at that club it's pretty clear they don't have cap space to sign Roberts but they are doing what they can to make it happen without having to shed palyers but I can tell you Roberts won't go of they don't .. He propby ok with being a +1 at the Broncos but won't play 3rd wheel .

Broncos poached one of Canberra's marquee players, a player Canberra were willing to throw 1mil a year at. They poached Newcastle's marquee player. They are still paying a large % of Barba's salary for 1 more season. The Tigers are no longer paying any of Blair's salary. If players like Hunt and McGuire are not on big money already they are in line for upgrades. McGuire has to be on big money as being an Origin player, that is an NRL rule. Ditto for Gillett and Thaiday.

Given that Souths and Roosters have lost several top players, it seems only the Bullgrubs and Broncos have enough money to buy that many brown paper bags.

WHOOSHKAA!!

Juniors
We might have given him a time and if he didn't want to sign then we move on. Prize number 2 for me would be Bird.

In my opinion Bird should have been our number one priority.
My feeling now that all this Roberts crap looks like its come to an end
for the the dragons is that Bird will be signed for 2017.

matPORTS

Juniors
I'm sure whichever club is signing Roberts will be keen to get this done and dusted so he can hit the ground running straight away come the new year. I think we will hear something official today on this, however I'd say The Moles' tweet pretty much confirms it won't be anything from us.

Mr Red

First Grade
Broncos poached one of Canberra's marquee players, a player Canberra were willing to throw 1mil a year at. They poached Newcastle's marquee player. They are still paying a large % of Barba's salary for 1 more season. The Tigers are no longer paying any of Blair's salary. If players like Hunt and McGuire are not on big money already they are in line for upgrades. McGuire has to be on big money as being an Origin player, that is an NRL rule. Ditto for Gillett and Thaiday.

Given that Souths and Roosters have lost several top players, it seems only the Bullgrubs and Broncos have enough money to buy that many brown paper bags.

whoa comrade...
1. milford went to brisbane on a lot less then what the raiders offered
2. who is this Knights marquee player you are referring to..Boyd (aka Bennetts shadow) Broncos didnt poach him, he just follows Bennett... like he did at the dragons. he is on A lot less than what Barba was on, so even if they are still paying some of Barba salary i think they could be breaking even on this deal.
3. due to salary cap pressure the broncos have lost promising youngsters Nikorima and Parcell.
4. Hodges, Lowrie , Stagg have all retired.
5. they have cleared the decks of fringe players taking up chunks of salary cap such As Vidot, Dodds, garbut, Green (much like the dragons did to free up cap space)
6. they have bought no one of note (to date) for 2016. so even if they sign Roberts i think there are much more obvious manipulators of the cap such as roosters and rabbits to focus on..

willzy91

Juniors
For all its worth I'd rather Roberts go to Souths then Brisbane. I think Roberts is the missing piece for Brisbane and they will be hard to beat but Souths just aren't who they used to be so I think it would make too much of a difference.

mickeylane

Bench
According to the Mole its all over dragons
Officially out of the race to sign Roberts if in FACT we were even in the race at all.....
Mickeylane what happened to your 2 leading player agent scoop..

More wishful thinking i presume

Stop being naive!! If dragons had pulled out they would have made a statement just like they did when they said they were going to table an offer for Roberts.

Secondly If Dragons have actually pulled out don't u think more than one media outlet would have reported it?

I do believe Dragons have given him a deadline and maybe that has expired But until there's official word we are still in their battling.. I can tell now for fact we have offered a 3 year deal.. But the longer this drags on the longer it plays into either Broncos or Rabbitohs hands as it allows them time to find solutions to their cap problems

the_saints

Juniors
Stop being naive!! If dragons had pulled out they would have made a statement just like they did when they said they were going to table an offer for Roberts.

Secondly If Dragons have actually pulled out don't u think more than one media outlet would have reported it?

I do believe Dragons have given him a deadline and maybe that has expired But until there's official word we are still in their battling.. I can tell now for fact we have offered a 3 year deal.. But the longer this drags on the longer it plays into either Broncos or Rabbitohs hands as it allows them time to find solutions to their cap problems

Agreed .. One minute dragons offer an extra year next minute they pull the pin amateur stuff by the mole

The Nick

Bench
IF mickeylane is speaking the truth (that's a big IF) I don't understand this whole "upgraded offer" of a 3rd year when Roberts' manager has stated he is seeking a 2 year deal with 3rd in HIS OPTION.

Regardless, I think it's a given he agreed to terms with the Broncos, the delay in the announcement is due to Broncos trying to fit him under their cap in a way that will satisfy the NRL. They're avoiding the embarrassment of announcing the signing only for the NRL to knock the contract back ala Hopoate and Burgess.

WHOOSHKAA!!

Juniors

Please.... U continue telling people the FACTS what FACTS nothing you can back up with any solid evidence nothing concrete its just all here say. Like the 2 leading player managers u apparently spoke to yesterday but u are unable to substantiate anything.

Dont get me wrong im all for people who may have solid info on our club and our players we all are but some of ur statments have been quite outlandish.... Any way im just hoping the dragons can nail Bird

mickeylane

Bench
Please.... U continue telling people the FACTS what FACTS nothing you can back up with any solid evidence nothing concrete its just all here say. Like the 2 leading player managers u apparently spoke to yesterday but u are unable to substantiate anything.

Dont get me wrong im all for people who may have solid info on our club and our players we all are but some of ur statments have been quite outlandish.... Any way im just hoping the dragons can nail Bird

Lol!! Forget Jack Bird till 2018.. He's extending by 12 mnths w Sharks
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...bs-chase-roberts/story-fni3gol8-1227643105053
Won't be coming till Benji leaves at the end of 2017 so he can play 5/8..

V

Vasilevsky

whoa comrade...
1. milford went to brisbane on a lot less then what the raiders offered
2. who is this Knights marquee player you are referring to..Boyd (aka Bennetts shadow) Broncos didnt poach him, he just follows Bennett... like he did at the dragons. he is on A lot less than what Barba was on, so even if they are still paying some of Barba salary i think they could be breaking even on this deal.
3. due to salary cap pressure the broncos have lost promising youngsters Nikorima and Parcell.
4. Hodges, Lowrie , Stagg have all retired.
5. they have cleared the decks of fringe players taking up chunks of salary cap such As Vidot, Dodds, garbut, Green (much like the dragons did to free up cap space)
6. they have bought no one of note (to date) for 2016. so even if they sign Roberts i think there are much more obvious manipulators of the cap such as roosters and rabbits to focus on..

Whoa Citizen
1. Canberra offered him 1million a year. Broncos signed him for $400000. Do you believe the Broncos are only paying him $400000 a year?
2. Boyd is the last person in he world Bennett would screw over. Boyd would be a lot. Being an Origin player he has to be on the books for a large sum and Bennett is for sure not paying him a minimum.
3. That is the point I was making you idiot! Broncos let go of a couple of players who may or may not ever make it in first grade and this apparently frees up salary cap space to sign someone like Roberts and upgrade others like McGuire and Hunt.
4. I'm sure Stagg and Lowrie were on big money. Hodges was encouraged to retire so Broncos could keep several young players.
5. A club can't just 'clear the decks'. Didn't you learn anything from last season?? Depth is vitally important. Even more so for the Broncos than the Dragons given they have many more rep players.
6. The Roosters lost SBW and RTS. Souths Burgess (of course now have gotten him back), Teo and Walker. Brisbane lost........ a guy who retired.

Now if you care to address me it must be better thought out and it may not be to defend any enemies, let alone some of the most bitter.

Lenin said: We are 100 years behind the advanced capitalist states. We must catch them in 20 or they will annihilate us.

Apply this to the Broncos and Dragons. We must catch up with their cheating in 4 months or they will annihilate us. If you are concerned with defending them, I suggest you f**k off from this Dragons forum and join the Broncos forum with the rest of those leeches and slugs!

Latest posts