What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Schiller

Dragonslayer

First Grade

possm

Coach
Possm, you keep pushing for Dufty at 6 but I don't think that's ever going to happen...
Yes I know. I mainly do that because I can't see him keeping the fullback job and would love to see him make a success in the halves - even if it ends up being at another club.

But a Dufty/Sullivan halves combo would be a very dynamic attacking weapon and a Dufty for Norman would not only save the club heaps, it would be a much better solution.

Having said that, Dufty in reserve grade will get p'd off and want a release.

denis preston

First Grade
According to Zero tackle, we have 5 players in the 21 development player list. We could easily see Sullivan raised to the main squad, and Lomax and Sauin-esau maybe? (last year for those 2). I did hear that they may go down to 4 on this list as a rule?

AMONE, Junior
LOMAX, Hayden
SAUNI-ESAU, Shaun
SLOAN, Tyrell
SULLIVAN, Jayden

Geez, when you look at above plus 3 or 4 more development players on our books it must have been a contributing factor in Hook ( who's philosophy is junior player development related ) jumping at the chance to come to us.

gitano

Juniors
And you guys thought Lomax was slow, ol' Schillsy boy would be probably similar pace. More robust though. Might be a good 'un.

SnowDragon

Juniors
And you guys thought Lomax was slow, ol' Schillsy boy would be probably similar pace. More robust though. Might be a good 'un.

I've heard good things... but maybe its overhype Gitano? Or are you just niggling those who commented on Lomax’s speed (he seems quick to me, even if not electric off the Mark like Dufty and Ramsey)

I guess I’m asking if his speed is a liability? Or just not a big strength.

possm

Coach
I'm just glad that the likes of Schiller, Ramsey, the Feagai brothers, Lomax, Sullivan and Clune are all local juniors and will soon be in our top 28. Griffin will have a ball bringing these players up to first grade standard in 2021. I predict a top 4 spot in 2022.

BLM01

First Grade
haven't seen him really, so can you explain why? What’s his skill set?
Because some very good CRL judges and Dragon scouts who have watched him play know his strengths have told me how they rate him as a fullback
He runs hard in attack and takes the line on...has handled defence well against much bigger men as a kid, has height for attacking bombs and general ability / passing game, hence why he played some centre this year and wing previously
I have been convinced so far so I hope that helps convince you
He will probably end up on the wing :p

possm

Coach
Because some very good CRL judges and Dragon scouts who have watched him play know his strengths have told me how they rate him as a fullback
He runs hard in attack and takes the line on...has handled defence well against much bigger men as a kid, has height for attacking bombs and general ability / passing game, hence why he played some centre this year and wing previously
I believe that Ramsey will be our next fullback but would not be surprised to see Schiller promoted to the first grade fullback position after killing it in at fullback in reserve grade. I might be wrong but I think Dufty was promoted directly into the first grade fullback position. So there is no reason why Schiller could not do the same.

SnowDragon

Juniors

I’m convinced enough to hope :) and be happy with any promotion they give him.
The rest can wait till I see his performances

Latest posts