What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Schiller

Splinters

Juniors
Ramsey, especially if he builds up a bit, will be the one who really pushes.
Based on the little I’ve seen Ramsey at FB and Schiller at wing would be exciting.

Our forwards is what needs attention.

Re Cody Ramsay, I expect he'll be much bigger going into 2021. At his age, in an off season, and with pro guidance he can certainly add one kg of muscle per month. So he could be 5-6 kilos heavier, all muscle, just by next March. On that frame, he will get even bigger in the following few years.

Then there is Lomax who is already big and getting bigger. It looks like Schiller will be huge. The Feagai's will also be big boys. So that means a big, mobile backline that can tackle. Someone small and quick like Dufty will definitely get the advantage of that as big guys attract more tacklers. Sounds very good.

Anyone know Schiller’s personal stats?

height

weight

We need to sign him for at least another 2 years whilst Ramsey, the Fegai brothers, and potentially Schiller compete for spots in our backline.

Young Fegai showed us he can defend.

Schiller looks from the videos to be a solid build.

Matt Dufty May go from having zero competition for the fullback role to competing with Schiller and Ramsey.

Pereira and Rav probably have 6-12 months before the young guys take their positions.

I am wondering whether Rav could be converted from wing to edge back rower. He is ferocious in defence and runs like a kamikaze.

Periera is solid but lacks the speed needed as a finisher. In wet conditions he can be a bulldozer. Great back up, but not a starter if we are to move from pretenders to contenders.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Anyone know Schiller’s personal stats?

height

weight

We need to sign him for at least another 2 years whilst Ramsey, the Fegai brothers, and potentially Schiller compete for spots in our backline.

Young Fegai showed us he can defend.

Schiller looks from the videos to be a solid build.

Matt Dufty May go from having zero competition for the fullback role to competing with Schiller and Ramsey.

Pereira and Rav probably have 6-12 months before the young guys take their positions.

I am wondering whether Rav could be converted from wing to edge back rower. He is ferocious in defence and runs like a kamikaze.

Periera is solid but lacks the speed needed as a finisher. In wet conditions he can be a bulldozer. Great back up, but not a starter if we are to move from pretenders to contenders.

Must admit I’m excited about the young back line coming thru. That said, it takes effort and skill to do this successfully, and individuals can both surprise and disappoint. It’s hard to really know until you watch the, at the highest level, and give them a chance. That said, I saw things with Lomax, Ramsey, Max Fegai and Sullivan as examples that make me want to persevere... hope Schiller is in the same mould.

possm

Coach
Re Cody Ramsay, I expect he'll be much bigger going into 2021. At his age, in an off season, and with pro guidance he can certainly add one kg of muscle per month. So he could be 5-6 kilos heavier, all muscle, just by next March. On that frame, he will get even bigger in the following few years.

Then there is Lomax who is already big and getting bigger. It looks like Schiller will be huge. The Feagai's will also be big boys. So that means a big, mobile backline that can tackle. Someone small and quick like Dufty will definitely get the advantage of that as big guys attract more tacklers. Sounds very good.
I'd say if Dufty stays, he will be at 6. Also, I'd go for Ramsey at 5 and the Feagai brothers at 2 and 4. Just imagine:

1. Schiller
2. Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Ramsey
6. Dufty - guided by Soward
7. Sullivan - guided by Soward

This back 5 are all good young juniors with size and lots of speed. The halves combination of Dufty and Sullivan should flurish with the help of Soward. This backline might be a throw back to the days of 'Bath's babes'.

I say persevere with this backline and watch these players learn and grow in experience. At the moment Griffin's term is only two years and so, there is not enough time for switching these players around - unless of course they just aren't up to it.

Last edited:

epDragon62

First Grade
I'd say if Dufty stays, he will be at 6. Also, I'd go for Ramsey at 5 and the Feagai brothers at 2 and 4. Just imagine:

1. Schiller
2. Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Ramsey
6. Dufty - guided by Soward
7. Sullivan - guided by Soward

This back 5 are all good young juniors with size and lots of speed. The halves combination of Dufty and Sullivan should flurish with the help of Soward. This backline might be a throw back to the days of 'Bath's babes'.

I say persevere with this backline and watch these players learn and grow in experience. At the moment Griffin's term is only two years and so, there is not enough time for switching these players around - unless of course they just aren't up to it.
Possm, you keep pushing for Dufty at 6 but I don't think that's ever going to happen...

I could see Dufty at 7 as the next slippery Morris

Doubt that Hook will resort to this as an option as we already have enough depth in the halves