What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon > Tigers .....in the end a whole load of crap?

Do you now think we have any chance of signing Jamie Lyon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not Sure

• Total voters

Davester

Juniors
I don't know If I'm jumping early on this but I'm going to have my say anyway. Jamie Lyon going to the tigers was a whole crock of sh*t at the start...so I thought. Then I read this week's RLW magazine and my mind changed on it, thinking Parra have pulled a finger out and will let him go. Newspapers and Fox Sports News added on to the media coverage that we are in with a good shot...I admit, it got my hopes up that he'd join. So yesterday I read the paper, I read that Jamie Lyon makes his decision if he takes up on the Tigers' offer. I wake up this morning, check these forums to see a new article out with St. George in the bid? (apparently since Kite and Riddel are gone they are forking out substancial money for Lyon)...that just had me pissed off at an instance. I feel that fellow supporters and I and the club have just been f*cked around with. I really shouldn't have taken notice at this whole Lyon thing. Would of done me much better.... ](*,)

Thoughts?

vlad

juniors
I think you've gone off too early .

nowhere in the article did anyone from St George say they were interested .

Davester

Juniors
I probably have gone off too early but it feels like this story won't end...just keeps dragging along. Well i'm not going to be expecting much now...

vlad

juniors
and the only reason the article didn't include the roosters (they'd still fit Lyon under the cap), bulldogs etc is because of fitzgerald's conditions .

Davester

Juniors
Vicious said:
Davester said:
Where do you honestly think he'll end up?
Who knows at this stage,but surely Hodgo and Pat Richards will have a bit of an influence in his decision.

And then St. George sign him...well I'd like to be sooo wrong on that

vlad

juniors
who said st george were interested ? ... besides they already have 2 SoO centres .

Juniors
I wouldn't worry too much about the article. The manager is just trying to get as much money as possible. It says Canberra haven't heard back in 2 weeks. Things have changed since then. We weren't linked to him 2 weeks ago. Dragons haven't done anything official in that time so don't really look interested. Plus they already have Cooper and Gasiner and I don't think one of them would be happy moving to the wing.

I am not getting my hopes up. I am not overly confident in him coming probably because its to good to believe us signing an Australian test centre.

Davester

Juniors
#4 said:
I am not getting my hopes up. I am not overly confident in him coming probably because its to good to believe us signing an Australian test centre.

Yeah since that article...It's the same for me too

Juniors
I was never over confident. Won't be till he signs on the dotted line. But Dragons can't afford and don't really have any spot for him. They also brought Colin Best, though he wouldn't be on much. Canberra haven't heard anything from them in 2 weeks.

But in saying that, is the club prepared/able to afford to pay $300,000 a season?

The only thing that article tells me is it might not be as close to a done deal as I thought. But I wouldn't loss hope of geting him.

HappyTiger

Juniors
I think were making too much of of something we know hardly anything about.I still think we have a great chance and of all the teams in the hunt we would have to be the best chance i honestly believe.

Davester

Juniors
Well i'm just pissed that the story doesn't come to an end with an answer....it just keeps dragging on...and on, and on... #-o

Ctown Boy

Juniors
You cant expect clubs to rush into things, I think its better that it is a long process, it means that the club is treading carefully and they are getting the figure right. It also means that if Lyon does sign, he would have thought about it for a long time, which means he WANTS to come here and he will be loyal to us...

HappyTiger

Juniors
Its frustrating but its one of the most complicated situations in recent memory.We still havnt heard from Jamie if he is/isnt ready to make a comeback.Once thats done then he talks contracts and that could take some time too.Id expect it to be drawn out a little longer yet.

cadburys

Juniors
Ctown Boy said:
You cant expect clubs to rush into things, I think its better that it is a long process, it means that the club is treading carefully and they are getting the figure right. It also means that if Lyon does sign, he would have thought about it for a long time, which means he WANTS to come here and he will be loyal to us...

"Ctown Boy", you are spot on.

The figure has to be on the mark for salary cap reasons, and secondly, there's no use him coming here if he really does'nt want to.

:D :D :D :D

innsaneink

Referee
I think this is all a bit suss and Id be happy if he f**ked off somewhere else.
I know hes a good palyer and all......but look at his recent history.....stuffed |Parra right up at the start of the season....now I read in the last few weeks hes gone thru 2 or 3 managers??????WTF!!!

We want a mega $$$$ problem child??? Jamie Lyon is the man.

Juniors
On 2GB they said the Dragons were a real chance. I wonder what Gasiner and Cooper think of them chasing him?

Nevermind, we have Whaturia, Elford, Wilson, Halatau and Fitzhenry to cover the centres next year. Lyon would of been great but doesn't look good on him coming. The only chance we are of getting him is if no one else wants him.

Juniors
Yeah but where would he prefer to play?

He is a State of Origin centre and one of the best defensive centres in the game. I doubt he would want to go out to the wing where he is going to get less opportunities. Why does one club want the top 3 NSW centres in the game?