What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jamie lyon

hindy_fan

Juniors
i was reading the big league and it said that jamie lyons wants to play for australia this year even though he is stay playing in england.i say he should not even be considered if he wants to play in england and get truckloads of money thats the price he has to pay( missing out on rep selection nsw,australia)

there should be a commitment from the nrl that all australian test spots are filled by nrl players except in extreme circumstances

Phillips said:
he should be allowed to play for Australia
and be picked over the current state of origin players and the 2005 premiers? (whoever they will be)
that's a real kick in the guts to everyone playing hard to make origin and the finals to know someone not even playing in the nrl can just take your spot, where is the loyalty to our players?

PJ Marshal

Coach
lyonsmall.jpg

artist impression

half

Coach
jamie lyon is no doubt a friggin' asshole. but phillips is right - lyon is easily the best centre in the world

i believe that in any sport you can represent you country irrespective of where you live, and in this case which competition you play in.

but thats not saying i want lyon in the team.
i just think it'd be fair if he was selected.

Haynzy

First Grade
problem is he'd probably pull out after the second training session and offer to play a game for madagascar before he signs a 4 year contract with New Zealand.

PJ Marshal

Coach
hurri sometimes i wonder if you have any idea about footy

lyon is easily the best centre in the world

Haynzy

First Grade
i'd be more inclined to say was.
he's been out of top line footy for a while now.

if morley can play for poms and the boys from pommy land can play for kiwis, why cant jamie play for the aussies. No blue and glasses on he IS ONE of IF NOT the best centres in the world atm...he scored 3 tries not to long ago in one game....

I think he should be an automatic selection for the aussie squad. I dont like what he did to the eels but playing for australia is a different bucket of chips i think anyway....