What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon

Cletus

First Grade
No, Beaver will play 5/8 this year and I'll be proven right:D . The thing the gets me about the Orford/Lyon combo is that neither of them has a decent long kicking game. Lyon can't kick at all and last year we relied on Monas kicking from dummy half. Hopefully Ballin and Stewart can kick a bit more because Ox is hopeless. I'd love to see a compelation of Ox's line dropouts from last year because I swear there wasn't one more than 40 metres.

t-ba

Post Whore
It's very, very worrying.

I'd give him until round 10 before wielding the axe however.

Ballin was great when he wasn't dry humping guys in tackles. Nice long kick too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
t-ba said:
Does anyone (Besides Des) rate him anymore?

fmd! :crazy:

he was/probably still is the best right centre in the game what the frigg is Hasler doing??

APRIL BELLE

Juniors
t-ba said:
Does anyone (Besides Des) rate him anymore?

The coaching staff know he is not a 6. Why do you think they tried to sign Carney for big money.

How did the 6 & 7 go in the NYC ?

zombie jesus

Staff member
Des is very stubborn I think, what he thinks is right at one point is right forever and beyond.

Hanscholo

Bench
Your right, i dont see why Hassler cant see it.

Lyon is terrible in the 6. He needs space so he can use that acceleration he has, he needs good early ball and a winger running with him, thats all. I can see why Hassler sees him as a prospect in the 6, he can move through traffic quickly and pop superb passes, but he just isnt doing it closer into the ruck he is more adept at doing it out wide. Defensively he struggles at 6 too, he doesnt talk to his centre and is constantly caught out not reading numbers.

Just get someone into the 6 that can rake a kick, tackle and pass the ball.

Cletus

First Grade
APRIL BELLE said:
The coaching staff know he is not a 6. Why do you think they tried to sign Carney for big money.

I don't know, I thought they wanted Carney to play halfback:oops:. I get the impression they see Lyon as a long term 5/8.

winnyason

Juniors
the fact le strange is on the bench suggests lyon could be moved into the centres some stage during the knights match.
Can anyone tell me why we have four good centres: lyon, matai, bell & vaeliki.
But not one 5/8 Question did anyone see lyon cut up the eels defence last year at parra at centre so why the f**k is he at 6.