What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Soward: Don't call me 'coward'

Godz Illa

Coach
Calm down guys. A lot of hand-wringing going on here and all based on dubious body languague reading and rumour. Soward has earnt the benefit of the doubt from us fans after his service.

Mr Red

First Grade
Then Price should not pick Soward going forward and move on with a new half if he hates him that much. If it was Bennett he would drop him like he did to Hodges. It's not as if he is in top form at the moment. Maybe when Rangi joins he may. Time will tell.

I hear that Soward is going to open up at the end of the season about what has happened at Saints and why he had to go. He is going to have a huge dig at the club. If so then again why pick the guy. Obviously he is dirty about the club so why would he go out and perform to his best for the club?

i am pretty certain Soward WONT have a dig at the club.. he loves the place, and loves playing for the Red V. i am sure he gets on well with the players as well..
*IF* he does have a dig at the end of the season it will be aimed solely at Price and the management team i think.

BennyV

Referee
He just wants to win in Canberra. Pure and simple. That is why he's leaving.

Next story.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I am sure Soward loves the club and the players but he is pretty filthy at the way he has been treated in the negotiation process. Board tell him that they can't sign anyone until the coach is sorted. He signs with Panthers and then Saints announce Widdop a day or 2 later. A week later the coach is confirmed.

You can understand why he would be upset. If he does have a dig it won't be at the players or the club itself but certain individuals within the club.

But my point is if Price really does not like him enough to have him in his plans for next season then why pick him especially if rumours are true that they don't get on. I feel Soward has been made the scape goat for Prices poor performances and rather than fix it, he keeps playing him so if the team have a poor season he can blame Soward.

Interesting to see if and when Rangi comes to the club this season what Price will do.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I am sure Soward loves the club and the players but he is pretty filthy at the way he has been treated in the negotiation process. Board tell him that they can't sign anyone until the coach is sorted. He signs with Panthers and then Saints announce Widdop a day or 2 later. A week later the coach is confirmed.

You can understand why he would be upset. If he does have a dig it won't be at the players or the club itself but certain individuals within the club.

But my point is if Price really does not like him enough to have him in his plans for next season then why pick him especially if rumours are true that they don't get on. I feel Soward has been made the scape goat for Prices poor performances and rather than fix it, he keeps playing him so if the team have a poor season he can blame Soward.

Interesting to see if and when Rangi comes to the club this season what Price will do.
End of the day soward has done a great job at the club helped win us a Grand Final but in taking us forward Soward is not the right person for the Job, we need a 5/8 who not just runs at the line but takes them on, Good Luck Jamie and all the best we still love ya.

Hutty1986

Immortal
He just wants to win in Canberra. Pure and simple. That is why he's leaving.

Next story.

If he could kick goals we'd have won down here a couple of years ago.. we would have won the past few if he didn't reserve his worst game of the year for Canberra Stadium!

RedVDave

First Grade
If he could kick goals we'd have won down here a couple of years ago.. we would have won the past few if he didn't reserve his worst game of the year for Canberra Stadium!

He did kick some fine field goals down in Canberra.

Elias1983

Coach
Soward: Doing It For My Mates

Wednesday 1 May 2013 7:00 AM

00072366-leadimage.jpg

St George Illawarra Dragons five-eighth Jamie Soward admits he will be giving it his all for his teammates until the end of the season.
The Wagga Kangaroos junior announced last week his decision to join the Penrith Panthers next season on a four-year contract but has confessed the difficulty which resulted in making such a conclusion.
The Premiership and World Club Challenge winning pivot states he has made lifelong friendships at the Dragons and wants to honour that by giving it his all in 2013.
“I’m playing for my mates,” said Soward.
“There’s a massive amount of highlights and lifelong friendships and memories I’ve made here.
“I love the Red V fans here and I think we’ve had a good relationship over the past couple of years.
“I want to let the fans know I’m concentrating on this year and I’ll worry about next year next year.
“It was a positive note coming to the Dragons and I want to leave on the right note.
“I think from when you’ve watched me arrive from the Sydney Roosters to the football player I am now, while some say that not much has changed, others will say I’ve come along to when I’ve started.
"It was a difficult decision to make and I had to factor in what was right for my family as well as myself.
“I wasn’t going to wait and have things come to me but it’s all happened now and the challenge is playing with mates and finishing off on the right note.”
The Dragons were defeated 34-10 by the Sydney Roosters on ANZAC Day and must now square-off against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Monday.
Soward admits the performance last round was not up the Dragons’ standards and knows the team will be out to make amends.
“We need to turn around from last week which was disappointing the way we played," said Soward.
“I think the effort across the entire 80 minutes was subpar but I’m looking forward to getting back in front of a home crowd and hopefully getting the win.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Soward-Doing-It-For-My-Mates/73577

jenninga

First Grade
Soward: Doing It For My Mates

Wednesday 1 May 2013 7:00 AM

00072366-leadimage.jpg

St George Illawarra Dragons five-eighth Jamie Soward admits he will be giving it his all for his teammates until the end of the season.
The Wagga Kangaroos junior announced last week his decision to join the Penrith Panthers next season on a four-year contract but has confessed the difficulty which resulted in making such a conclusion.
The Premiership and World Club Challenge winning pivot states he has made lifelong friendships at the Dragons and wants to honour that by giving it his all in 2013.
?I?m playing for my mates,? said Soward.
?There?s a massive amount of highlights and lifelong friendships and memories I?ve made here.
?I love the Red V fans here and I think we?ve had a good relationship over the past couple of years.
?I want to let the fans know I?m concentrating on this year and I?ll worry about next year next year.
?It was a positive note coming to the Dragons and I want to leave on the right note.
?I think from when you?ve watched me arrive from the Sydney Roosters to the football player I am now, while some say that not much has changed, others will say I?ve come along to when I?ve started.
"It was a difficult decision to make and I had to factor in what was right for my family as well as myself.
?I wasn?t going to wait and have things come to me but it?s all happened now and the challenge is playing with mates and finishing off on the right note.?
The Dragons were defeated 34-10 by the Sydney Roosters on ANZAC Day and must now square-off against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah on Monday.
Soward admits the performance last round was not up the Dragons? standards and knows the team will be out to make amends.
?We need to turn around from last week which was disappointing the way we played," said Soward.
?I think the effort across the entire 80 minutes was subpar but I?m looking forward to getting back in front of a home crowd and hopefully getting the win.?

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/Soward-Doing-It-For-My-Mates/73577
Wise backpeddling,if he has issues with the coach etc,this is nothing new in sport and should playout the season as he said he would,then we all can move on and he will always be a Dragon premiership player.

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
The board made the decision to keep Price and remove Soward, time will tell if its the right move.

The way I see it the board wanted to get rid of both of them but we couldn't get Bellamy so Price got his stay of execution :D

Under Bennett Soward flourished and he was a big part of that magical premiership in 2010 for which I will always be grateful to him. But times (and people) change and I can see why he couldn't be part of our plans for the next 3-4 years. Widdop will hopefully come in and really make his mark away from the shadow of Melbourne's big 3.

So it's best Jamie gets his 4 years at Penrith with the certainty it provides and hopefully he puts in for us until the end of the year.

you know he is gonna cop it worse than ever if he has a shit game again lol

I think we need gaz to send him a text asking him to fire up

Latest posts