What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Soward

Bring back choc

Juniors
Im sure all the experts in here have a valued listener in Jamie Soward.

Not.

Nobody would have tackled Tuquir. End of matter. Move on.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Let Bennett and Soward worry about how he tackles or next time you guys see him you can give him some advice.

Well I saw Soward and few other players in the carpark on Friday night... and I had a few words to say.

I said, "Well played lads..."

Divine

Bench
Ha. Nobody can spell Lote Tequila's name right. Even the scoreboard got it wrong Friday night!

Bring back choc

Juniors
Well I saw Soward and few other players in the carpark on Friday night... and I had a few words to say.

I said, "Well played lads..."

Well said mate.

I am sick of people bagging the guy. Without him, we're f$%ked. Simple as that.
We should all be praying to God he stays injury free.

Gaba

First Grade
All what soward has to do is knock a player down which slows their momentum for his team mates,that is as good as a tackle.
And that what he mostly does nothing is wrong with that at all

God-King Dean

Immortal
It sounds like it's "Bag Soward day".

Let Bennett and Soward worry about how he tackles or next time you guys see him you can give him some advice.

lol, weren't you in the 'Return of gaz' thread asking why Dragons are buying a 'lump' (Gaz) at the risk of losing players?

Bring back choc

Juniors
Come on, he missed a lot more than 1 tackle on Tuqiri. NRL stats have him down as 5 missed tackles. I saw at least 3 which resulted in a line break. Good player, and his defence has improved, but lets no delude ourselves - he is a risk. I wonder where he is going to defend when Gasnier slots in to the centres?

Completely disagree with your comments. Matt prior missed more tackles and he was man of the match. Soward was the second highest tackler out of the backs. Sure he missed a few, but no more than every other nrl player. He also made some great tackles. Its a non issue and to call him a risk? Ha... you are a dribbler.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
lol, weren't you in the 'Return of gaz' thread asking why Dragons are buying a 'lump' (Gaz) at the risk of losing players?

Yeah I was...I was being sarcastic about telling people to give advice to Soward and Bennett. Sarcasm doesn't work too well when it's written

Last edited:

j0nesy

Bench
Completely disagree with your comments. Matt prior missed more tackles and he was man of the match. Soward was the second highest tackler out of the backs. Sure he missed a few, but no more than every other nrl player. He also made some great tackles. Its a non issue and to call him a risk? Ha... you are a dribbler.

...and you are deluded if you think he was great in defence against the Tigers. sh*t one little bit of criticism of Soward's game against the Tigers and you get your nickers in a knot.

I rate the guy as a player, he is one of our best. I'm just astounded by the comments that he should be playing Origin based on his performance against the Tigers. I didn't think it was one of his best games, not by the lofty standards that he set last season.

Aren't you the same bloke who was bagging Dean Young saying he was a liability to the team and should not be in 1st grade?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Jonesy....We're at the top of the table...We have a playing roster and coaching staff that is the envy of every team (except the Storm...but lets not go there)...lets just sit back and enjoy it...I'm guessing your a glass half empty kind of guy?

j0nesy

Bench
Jonesy....We're at the top of the table...We have a playing roster and coaching staff that is the envy of every team (except the Storm...but lets not go there)...lets just sit back and enjoy it...I'm guessing your a glass half empty kind of guy?

Not at all, the glass is very full as far as I'm concerned. I'm just not one to go off early, unlike some of you over exuberant young blokes. :)

TheRev

First Grade
In a team that prides itself on defense, Soward is a really obvious weak-spot, but we put up with it because of what he does in attack, and his brilliant kicking game. All of us have strengths & weaknesses, and should be aware of them.

I cant speak for j0nesy, im a Soward supporter, but I keep reading that Soward has miraculously fixed his defensive game in 2010, but I don't see that on the field. Doesnt mean I dont love Soward, but I still think he is a speed-bump.

j0nesy

Bench
In a team that prides itself on defense, Soward is a really obvious weak-spot, but we put up with it because of what he does in attack, and his brilliant kicking game. All of us have strengths & weaknesses, and should be aware of them.

I cant speak for j0nesy, im a Soward supporter, but I keep reading that Soward has miraculously fixed his defensive game in 2010, but I don't see that on the field. Doesnt mean I dont love Soward, but I still think he is a speed-bump.

I share your sentiments. While I don't quite think he is a "speed bump" in defence, I agree that his defence is the weaker part of his game.

Gaba

First Grade

I dont think people are saying he has fixed it , he has improved from last year.

And when you look at who does worry soward in defense is mainly the bigger man, what i seen in the nrl most little players who come up against bigger man like inglis will lose nearly every time.

Even bigger players struggle to tackle little players of course teams are going to find weakness

There isnt a team in the comp who is strong all over the field

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Technique is wrong but he's a gopher when it comes to scrambling.

We're the best defensive team in the comp. Daylight to second. I don't have to look at the stats to know that. The line defence I see every week is proof enough for me.

If Soward is a poor defender, he has a some answering to do. Look at all the tries we're leaking! ;-)

Latest posts