What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jared Taylor

Spike

First Grade
Newcastle have signed former Cronulla and Souths utility back Jared Taylor for the rest of the 2003 season. I don't know alot about the bloke but I know he can cover fullback, wing and centre with his preferred position at fullback. Makes me wonder if Robbie O might be thinking about finishing his career in England. :(

roopy

Referee
I'm not sure what I think of Taylor.

He is big enough and looks very athletic.

His defence seems good enough when he goes one on one with an attacking player.

He is very, very fast.

The thing is, he seems very unco-ordinated. When he got a run at fullback his attempts to take a high ball were embarrasing, and he seems to get tangled up in his own feet when he tries to weave in attack. I don't know if he will make the grade. I can see why he is given a chance at several clubs (size, strength, speed etc), and I can also see why several clubs have let him go (clutz).

antonius

Coach
You got it in one Roopy, he's clumsy, certainly knows how to butcher a try as well. A couple of times that I've seen him he's fallen over himself trying to put the ball down.

Latest posts