What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne - Make him an Eel for Life

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If he plays at 1, there is no reason to keep both Norman and Moses in the halves. They need to choose one and let the other one go.I'm at the point where I don't care which one it is.
Same.

I saw Paul K*nt on 360 talk about how some players had told him that when they were playing against Parra they could hear Moses and Norman arguing with each other on the field.

Not sure if this is typical Kent shit but it’s clear that the Moses/Norman experiment has been an absolute failure.

Avenger

Immortal
Same.

I saw Paul K*nt on 360 talk about how some players had told him that when they were playing against Parra they could hear Moses and Norman arguing with each other on the field.

Not sure if this is typical Kent shit but it’s clear that the Moses/Norman experiment has been an absolute failure.
I saw that too. To be honest if we got Maloney we could offload both and have Salmon play 6 with Dylan Brown as the understudy.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Same.

same what happens here with Parra fans, except its off the field......

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Need to be careful going down the Maloney path, he would want big dollars and probably at least 3 years. He is 33 next year and more then likely on the decline. We have been there before.

With a better forward pack (and Hayne at fullback along with Ferguson), I reckon either Norman or Moses on their own could do an ok job for a year, then allowing us to reassess at the end of 2019 (both are of contract) rather then being stuck with Maloney when he is on the decline but still under contract for a few years,

JokerEel

Coach
If he plays at 1, there is no reason to keep both Norman and Moses in the halves. They need to choose one and let the other one go.I'm at the point where I don't care which one it is.

Raiders need a Half... Ennis thinks they could use either..

JokerEel

Coach
Need to be careful going down the Maloney path, he would want big dollars and probably at least 3 years. He is 33 next year and more then likely on the decline. We have been there before.

With a better forward pack (and Hayne at fullback along with Ferguson), I reckon either Norman or Moses on their own could do an ok job for a year, then allowing us to reassess at the end of 2019 (both are of contract) rather then being stuck with Maloney when he is on the decline but still under contract for a few years,

I agree Norman or Moses then Salmon at 6 to just be a runner/support player..

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Another option is offering Norman to the broncos for a swap for bird (as long as he has been cleared medically).

Bird can kick ok, but with Hayne at fullback we have another kicking option, while Moses doesn’t have to be restricted to either side.

Bird likes to run, and our biggest problem this year in attack I reckon we played to side ways, bird with his running game wouId help straighten up our attack. He is a good defender and is a good competitior.

We also then have the ability to move bird to centre / edge if or when Brown is ready.

T-Boon

Coach

I like Moses hustle. That is why I would keep him ahead of Norman who I don't like at all.

T-Boon

Coach
I would make Hayne, Gutherson and Brown co captains for next season.

Edit: I like Timmy Mannah but I don't consider him to be the type of leader we need.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agree with Josh, Maloney is 33 next year and slowing down, he’s been MIA for Penrith since Origin do we really want to sign another bloke past his best on big dollars???

The time to get him was we picked up Foran instead, and he was half the price.

Avenger

Immortal
I like Moses hustle. That is why I would keep him ahead of Norman who I don't like at all.
Norman’s problem isn’t his talent or ability it’s his lack of discipline, attitude and negative impact on the playing group.

Problem is that I’m starting to suspect that Moses could be the same which could be why they allegedly cannot get along.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I must say i agree about Maloney, i rate him but he isn't getting any younger.

I was looking at some stats earlier and i cam across him.
Equal 9th for LBA, equal 10 for TA's.
17 penalties and 26 errors.
But, most alarmingly, he has missed 149 tackles, with defensive completion rate at 63%. 253 out of 402.

I know he has never been a strong defender, but thats poor.
Moses is 374 out of 460 at 81%.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dont think leadership is something that we can develop, it is something that comes natural imo

there are some things you just cant coach

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If that was true, leadership training wouldn’t be such a large industry.

I think there is a big difference between leadership on a sports filed and leadership in the corporate industry

for a start good leaders in sports are generally high class athletes, hence my claim that it cant be coached