What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

Far out just read Tony's apology. What a joke.
When will propel realise saying "sorry you were offended" is not saying sorry...

I agree, at least say something like “I’m sorry if I offended you....” at least then you’ve made an effort to seem sincere. It’s up there with “I’m sorry you feel that way.”

I agree, in principle, but I have been one of those 12 random strangers in an old rape case (as in it had happened 10 years earlier) where all 12 of us thought that the 2 guys had done it. But, and this is something the judge mentioned numerous times, the burdon of the jury is to be "beyond reasonable doubt". The guys I ruled on got off because of that.
I would stake my life on the fact that almost all 12 of those random strangers have their own best mate who believe in their honesty to the same extent as you believe in your mate who is facing those charges.
If those 12 randoms are unanimous and they are beyond reasonable doubt then you have to accept it.
I only hope you, and I, never have any of our best mates in that position.
Yes, Williams and Inu are dipsticks for articulating their opinion.
Yes, I can still understand them having that opinion.

I don’t give a shit for their f**ked up opinions.

They weren’t there, they weren’t the jury, they blamed the victim.

A girl got raped. They should be standing by her.

They can otherwise stick their dumb opinions up their arses. Cretins.

The other point is that their “apologetic” comments arrive only after significant furore about their original positions.

It’s not a result of self-reflection or a consideration for others.

It’s basically driven by self interest and preservation. In that case, it’s not a clarification of any misunderstandings. It’s a response to disapproval by 99.999% of people.

The frightening thing is that they might believe people will accept it.

A bit like the Prince Andrew interview. What’s done is done, he did himself over beyond any rational repair. He shouldn’t have said anything in the first place. Didn’t think it through.

But there’s a good chance Tony and Inu are actually smarter than the Prince and at least they aren’t pounding him in the media but sending him contrary assurances to brotherlys. The “smarter” ones are doing just that.

The need to be loved by Jarryd is f**king bizarre.

Maybe his oasis covers are that good.

Last edited:

Cowsboy

Juniors
I don’t give a shit for their f**ked up opinions.

They weren’t there, they weren’t the jury, they blamed the victim.

A girl got raped. They should be standing by her.

They can otherwise stick their dumb opinions up their arses. Cretins.
I have basically agreed with everything you have said in this thread, my comment was a, too, mildly put way of saying that even cretins have opinions but they should still be smart enough to shove them so far up their own arse that they choke on them.
The post was more a philosophical response to what AJB.. had said.
If your best mate of decades, the one of fabulous Pogues covers, stood in front of you swearing their innocence despite a jury deciding otherwise how do you respond?
I can only hope that the 2 neurones I have left from the haze of the late 80s would allow me to support my friend without criticizing anyone. Then again, I still have 1 and a half more neurones then these 2 guys combined...

I have basically agreed with everything you have said in this thread, my comment was a, too, mildly put way of saying that even cretins have opinions but they should still be smart enough to shove them so far up their own arse that they choke on them.
The post was more a philosophical response to what AJB.. had said.
If your best mate of decades, the one of fabulous Pogues covers, stood in front of you swearing their innocence despite a jury deciding otherwise how do you respond?
I can only hope that the 2 neurones I have left from the haze of the late 80s would allow me to support my friend without criticizing anyone. Then again, I still have 1 and a half more neurones then these 2 guys combined...

I was going to like your post actually as it was a good contribution! My complaint was with the boys. I got distracted. I will fix it up. Thanks for your jury service. I trust your finding.

@Jim Rockford knows I lurch from formality to the redneck as the mood takes me. Truth is in the middle.

But officially she’s a rape victim, I have to stand up for her as a matter of personal principle and condemn those her slight or demean her character.
I’m not going to coward out of it. She needs to know the community stands by her.

Last edited:

Cowsboy

Juniors
I was going to like your post actually as it was a good contribution! My complaint was with the boys. I got distracted. I will fix it up. Thanks for your jury service. I trust your finding.

@Jim Rockford knows I lurch from formality to the redneck as the mood takes me. Truth is in the middle.

But officially she’s a rape victim, I have to stand up for her as a matter of personal principle and condemn those her slight or demean her character.
I can’t wear it!
Thanks, the real issue is that I can't trust my finding but the nature of the system is that, in my case, there had to be done doubt. I was basically in tears as I had to stand in front of the court and say not guilty. I thought they were guilty, I was reasonably sure they did it but there was no way I could be beyond reasonable doubt. It is a horrible feeling. She had no one to give evidence on her behalf, the other side did have, and watching her video testimony in real time was terrible. I can not comprehend how it was for her. Thank you for your personal principles, I have never understood how any male/person can believe that strength and power equal the right to do what they want.
I am a Cows supporter from western Qld and Townsville. I am by definition a redneck; most truth is somewhere in the middle.

MKCS

Juniors
Feel bad for the victim, many will never see her rape as valid because people love Jarryd Hayne the athlete and can't split between that and Jarryd Hayne the person.

My opinions on Hayne, great athlete, love him as a footballer and that will never change, the 2014 Origin series, the amazing moments etc etc. We can all still love those moments and memories whilst saying he's a f**ked up human being who raped a woman.

Feel bad for the victim, many will never see her rape as valid because people love Jarryd Hayne the athlete and can't split between that and Jarryd Hayne the person.

My opinions on Hayne, great athlete, love him as a footballer and that will never change, the 2014 Origin series, the amazing moments etc etc. We can all still love those moments and memories whilst saying he's a f**ked up human being who raped a woman.

I’d like to see him scrubbed out of the videos myself!

Thanks, the real issue is that I can't trust my finding but the nature of the system is that, in my case, there had to be done doubt. I was basically in tears as I had to stand in front of the court and say not guilty. I thought they were guilty, I was reasonably sure they did it but there was no way I could be beyond reasonable doubt. It is a horrible feeling. She had no one to give evidence on her behalf, the other side did have, and watching her video testimony in real time was terrible. I can not comprehend how it was for her. Thank you for your personal principles, I have never understood how any male/person can believe that strength and power equal the right to do what they want.
I am a Cows supporter from western Qld and Townsville. I am by definition a redneck; most truth is somewhere in the middle.

Thanks.

I’d not worry about your jury decision because it’s not your system and not your rules.

The legal test is out of your control. Wiser minds than us came up with it I guess.

It generally works well, but as a human system, nothing is perfect.

If it’s any comfort, by and large, there’s more tech around now and better ways to test versions. DNA etc can rip dodgy defences apart sometimes and cops can go too far.

Just life. Thanks again.

Might be fun to watch a game that's cut to every time he touches the ball or tackles somebody.

I mean it would have to have been a game where the eels were playing well.

When the chips were down, you could probably get 80 minutes out of game without an appearance.

Just ask the Titans.

lol.

I was thinking of a digital bag over his head throughout the game.

If he’s stripped of his awards, it means the runner up with dally ms and stuff will have to be awarded the trophy.

It’s symbolic of course, re-writing history. Nrl loves that kind of thing.

Floodwaters

Juniors
lol.

I was thinking of a digital bag over his head throughout the game.

If he’s stripped of his awards, it means the runner up with dally ms and stuff will have to be awarded the trophy.

It’s symbolic of course, re-writing history. Nrl loves that kind of thing.

They wouldnt be that idiotic, it'll just read no winner for 09 and 14 was a tie with Cronk so it'll just read 1 winner instead of 2.

Latest posts