What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

T-Boon

Coach
I am betting the DPP has another go.
They hate league players, they want to make a stand, they feel like they already got a conviction, the girl will want to go again as it probably has a bearing on her civil claim to an extent.
Against that they will have to look at the costs, the fact Hayne has already done 9 mths and on sentencing he might only get 12 mths non parole, the time with massive covid backlogs.
They will go again.

I think they have some guidelines to fall back on but at the end of the day, it’s a call.

Weighing up many things.

Costs and covid and so forth are expensive, but I’d love to know the evidential difficulties they apparently face and then of course, whether they believe they can overcome them.

Just as matter of fairness to the accused, unless there are genuinely compelling reasons, a third go at him, with all of the resources of the State of NSW, is maybe pushing the friendship. How many dry runs do they need?

We can’t blame them for the judges valiant attempt at self immolation, but if there’s a chink in the armour….

That Hayne is an “entitled dickhead” is not enough for mine.

Need something more to pursue him.

Maybe they will settle for a parking fine.

It’s a wild guess, but if it’s a 50/50 over coffee and donuts at the DPP HQ I think he’ll walk.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
A court of appeal didn't order a third trial in the deBelin matter. I suppose it is always possible the DPP could decide to drop the case, but hardly seems likely.

The judge resigned or retired last year.

I read she had made serious errors before.

This is nothing short of a catastrophe for the judicial system.

I wonder if Haynesy can sue?

Last edited:
Looking like the prosecution is going to drop it completely. Or at least considering it.

What will the people on here say then, that he is guilty etc etc but just not wanting to put the victim through more paint etc?

Sad really how a person isn't entitled to a fair trial anymore, trial by media run and done well before the judicial process is finished. And mods here delete some posts under the BS definition that guilt is assumed in the post etc, yet leave a ton of other posts outright stating hayne is filth etc etc based on these acts. The usual uneven handedness of the mods.

I think the mods here are pretty fair.

I’ve been deleted more than a few times but you learn to live with it. You might even strongly disagree, but take a few deep breaths and move on.

Don’t get cut up by it. Take the tackle and get up on your feet.

At the end of the day, we need our mods and there are some really excellent ones found everywhere.

No mods, no forum.

T-Boon

Coach
I think the mods here are pretty fair.

I’ve been deleted more than a few times but you learn to live with it. You might even strongly disagree, but take a few deep breaths and move on.

Don’t get cut up by it. Take the tackle and get up on your feet.

At the end of the day, we need our mods and there are some really excellent ones found everywhere.

No mods, no forum.
Hahaha.
I aim to try to get 1 post deleted each day.

They are a strange breed the mods. I always equate them with dodgy cops. That’s why I like them.

The Penrith mods are the smug of the forum, very fair, intelligent and high brow lot.

How they tolerate the sheer f**king number of dickheads, delusional and possessed souls in that place is quite beyond me.

They should be promoted to Admin and paid handsomely for their pain and suffering.

Last edited:
The latest Hayne news that I’ve been told ( ie not verified) is that the dpp were supposed to tell the court and defence what their intentions were with respect to proceeding or not. That was yesterday.

They sought and I understand were granted an extension of time to consider their position.
They really should roll up their sleeves.

Putting the judges directions and remarks to one side, I think this means they are looking to see if they can repair their evidence and legal issues.

I was told that there was a submission (reported in the press) that an account provided by the alleged victim of a post event occurrence ran counter to other evidence.

I am not sure of the weight to place on it, it depends on the whole.

A minor gaffe or problem with a minute recollection might be ok. If it is a bold statement that can’t be relied upon, the court might find other parts of her evidence in doubt.

And sometimes people are absolutely sure and certain about things, but have a false recollection. She could well have been recounting a truth to her, but is wrong, so no bad intent etc.

Anyway, I think they will pull it. A third go at him seems excessive on basic justice grounds. Even if I think he’s a flip based on his carry on and stories I’ve heard and his court carrying on buddies seem to be brain dead monsters.

He’s to be regarded as 100% innocent at this time. The prosecution have not proven their case one iota. That’s not to be unduly critical of them and certainly not detract from their very good work in other cases.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Going full fanboy for an alleged rapist is an interesting character trait.

Informative though. Good to know.

Latest posts