What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Hurriflatch

Referee
No what I meant was excatly what I typed

I didn't see enough replays of it to say if it was a try or not

but from the replays I did see I've seen worse efforts given tries.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if he played fullback against the Knights, he would not have scored those 4 tries

why would we risk losing that try scoring potential when his strike rate on the wing is so high?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
if he played fullback against the Knights, he would not have scored those 4 tries

why would we risk losing that try scoring potential when his strike rate on the wing is so high?

probably not now, but in the long term he's overall ability to create opportunities for himself and his teammates will be far greater if he played fullback..

This kid's not just a winger..he's a genuine footballer in the making.

When Preston Campbell started his firstgrade career at the Gold Coast it wasn't halfback or five-eight it was on the wing, the same with Benji Marshall, he wasn't a five-eight he was a centre.

Jarryd will be an important figure in any football side he plays for in the future that's why he's days on the wing will be short lived.

caylo

Bench
how can u sya he wont score alot of tries, look at stewart, he is the leading try scorer. fullback is a licence to roam, do wotever u want. stand at second reciver, or outwider... run off forward and halves. hayne has always been noted for his hole running, with timmies amazing short passing game he will score tries. also he can be there 2 captialise on short kicks behind the line. Inu grothe and williams are all good under the high ball... all are good fiishers (williams showed with his 3 tries, grothe is prob the best finisher in the comp, inu yet 2 prove himself)... hayne would be my fullback next year no questions asked, also taylor plays him at fullback 4 a bit in 20min blocks most games... and wade slots out 2 the wing... that tells me he will be the fullback next year. hagan can't say no after that performance

Stagger eel

Staff member
probably not now, but in the long term he's overall ability to create opportunities for himself and his teammates will be far greater if he played fullback..

This kid's not just a winger..he's a genuine footballer in the making.

When Preston Campbell started his firstgrade career at the Gold Coast it wasn't halfback or five-eight it was on the wing, the same with Benji Marshall, he wasn't a five-eight he was a centre.

Jarryd will be an important figure in any football side he plays for in the future that's why he's days on the wing will be short lived.

f**k me... What a genius!

yy_cheng

Coach
This kid wont win a NRL premiership with Parramatta.

I have a feeling he wont stick around and will change codes

Latest posts