What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Really? :shock: Are you sure? :sarcasm:

well, he's quite a popular figure with the ladies in the area :cool:

If Ash's mum reading this??? just joking he's a good boy as usual. :nwave:

forward pass

Coach
A question on Jarryd Hayne??

Does anyone know if four tries in one half is a record or not?? In fact I think it was 4 tries in 30 minutes but need to check that !!!

strider

Post Whore
jarryd hayne really needs to get a longer jersey - he's gonna catch a cold running around out there in the middle of winter

Parraren

Bench
Hayne is so much like Timana. When they have the ball in their hands you just know something is going to happen.

Our back 5 is looking very exciting for next year. Can't wait to see Inu get a crack at first grade too.

Utey

Coach
not only do the skin tight jerseys look good they cant get grabbed by loose jersey. Its a plus on all levels.

caylo

Bench
i do think next years backline will be

Hayne
Inu
B.Smith
Tahu
Grothe

but i would have grothe outside b.smith on the left and tahu on the right with inu outside him. then if inu can show enough form in the centres when given the chance (i.e tahu at origin, or injuries god frobid) Benny can be moved into the backrow, and play a similar role 2 morrison, i.e like an extra centre/wide running backrower. one thing i think we will miss from morro is his hole running close 2 the line, (i.e his try 2 weeks ago, and this week setting up morris). i think benny can play that role, with inu in the centres and williams/burt promoted.

Hurriflatch

Referee
One major aspect of Hayne's play which hasn't been mentioned much is his ability to read plays in defence

I can't remember too many kicks going down his side the he wasn't in perfect position to catch on the full or within the 1st couple of bounces.

also he has stopped plays with strong defence.

Hurriflatch said:
One major aspect of Hayne's play which hasn't been mentioned much is his ability to read plays in defence

I can't remember too many kicks going down his side the he wasn't in perfect position to catch on the full or within the 1st couple of bounces.

also he has stopped plays with strong defence.

yeah, that to me is a much more exciting aspect in his game. there's many people out there that can find their way across the line. but hayne plays with experience well beyond his years, and with such composure. the complete package.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hurri stats man, Have you every seen Hayne drop a pass or knock on in 1st grade. He seems dead safe.

V1er

Juniors
I think hayne might have knocked on backwards against canberra but was still able to recover and get the ball with a few raiders around

caylo

Bench
yep i agree... alot of people have compared him 2 inglus and hunt, but i think these 2 players can be heart attack material with some of their choices, when they come off they are brilliant but if they dont they can give the opposition good feild posstion. i think hayne makes better choices somtimes, like when to head back infeild and when 2 take on his outside man, or when 2 go for the intercept and when to come in for the cover defence. i actually think both hayne and williams read the defence better than grothe, williams id say is similar to hayne in reading the defence, but he lacks the flar of hayne

Latest posts