What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Soto

Bench
I was keen on Hannay until I heard he was happy to work with whatever staff the club wanted him to have. It was a red flag, Ryles wanting his own staff and a chance to put his own stamp on the club makes much more sense. We need to wash away the Bea Arthur stain. Players and coaches alike.
The best thing about this is he's not going a yr in then going oh shit, these guys are just no...he's seeing it like most of us except an elite few and going the joint stinks, I need to blow it up and start it again. For this he needs to be massively applauded..I'm excited and he's not waiting...he's taking the sledgehammer to the joint now...love it

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
The best thing about this is he's not going a yr in then going oh shit, these guys are just no...he's seeing it like most of us except an elite few and going the joint stinks, I need to blow it up and start it again. For this he needs to be massively applauded..I'm excited and he's not waiting...he's taking the sledgehammer to the joint now...love it
Yeah I agree. Perhaps not a sledgehammer though. For mine, and yeah I’m being picky here, this isn’t a dig at you, he’s making astute calls immediately.

* Matto, who’s no doubt talented and probably one of our better forwards, but if rumours are to be believed isn’t team first, has been given the tap.

*Offered a young talent the fullback role and credit to Gutho tbh who’s already said numerous times he will play anywhere.

*A big no thanks, I’ll choose my own support staff.

Those three things are enough to let the playing group know there’s a new sheriff in town. They either buy in immediately or know they’ll be shown the door. It’s a clean slate and nobody is safe. I’d expect instantly the attitude in defence should at least improve.

I envisage at our best under Ryles, we aren’t going to be piss weak around the ruck. I think we will have a hard edge in defence and I’m excited.

EelEtric

Juniors
You do realise that Head Coaches bring their own team of assistants with them and rarely if ever do any of the old ones remain. That is why the hiring of assistant coaches is mostly always the responsibility of the Head Coach.

Latest posts