What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ravalawa

TheRev

First Grade
We are still looking to buy: 2 Props, 1 Halves Cover, 1 Lomax Replacement and i think Flanno wants Max to stay.. but if someone else came on the market im sure we would consider it..

Those 5 people are fitting into 2 Slots (or 3 if Eisenhuth goes).. so I think we are def keen to move a couple on.. the big one being Lawrie, but hes going to cost us by far the most $$$$ to offload.

TheRev

First Grade
The media drew a straight line between 2 mostly unrelated stories.. as they do.

We have a few players to sign yet:
o we are hunting Lomaxes replacement.. if its not Blaize itll be someone else
o we are trying to get 2 props.. we have room for probably 1 until we shit someone
o We still need a Marshke or equivalent
o I still think we will sign Max

Money aside, we need atleast 2 contracted players to leave our Top 30 (Rava being the first).. but I reckon there is up to 4 we could move on if it meant we could sign someone better.. but 1 step at a time.. lets land that Centre and a Prop first.

Illusion

Bench

o we are trying to get 2 props.. we have room for probably 1 until we shit someone

Money aside, we need atleast 2 contracted players to leave our Top 30 (Rava being the first).. but I reckon there is up to 4 we could move on if it meant we could sign someone better.. but 1 step at a time.. lets land that Centre and a Prop first.
o We still need a Marshke or equivalent ....... We already have one that's Hunt , we now need a real number 7 ........

FlickFlano

Juniors
three open spots in the roster and immediate needs are Prop/Centre/Utility

The most likely targets we are after here are Saifiti/Talagi/one of Marshcke Brown or even Volkman or Schuster who have been doing off field stuff with Kyle Stanley.

We have three other spots in the roster i think we could try to free up - Ravalawa/Fifita and Lawrie but the replacements would need to make us stronger.

Latu/Stewart/Egan/Tonga and Corey Allan are all joining the top 30 next year along side Cook. Latu was confirmed directly to me by club management.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

Will have to be a big shit if it's a Prop..

Gareth67

First Grade
Should the man be released then I will wish him the very best , he was one of my favourite players at the Dragons until the NRL decided to restrict his devastating tackling style .

As a result his game dropped a grade , however his rapport with Lomax was great to see , resulting in many tries and enjoyment for the fans .

So good luck to you Rav and lay a few of those pommy beggars out for us

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Allan is a deadset mystery.. its either a waste of a Top30 spot or he ends up a hidden gem that covers fullback or ctr perhaps... someone who would have hypothetically made a huge difference in 2024.

Either way hes probably cheap and on a 1yr contract.. so its not a huge risk.. other than who else could have taken his slot.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
three open spots in the roster and immediate needs are Prop/Centre/Utility

The most likely targets we are after here are Saifiti/Talagi/one of Marshcke Brown or even Volkman or Schuster who have been doing off field stuff with Kyle Stanley.

We have three other spots in the roster i think we could try to free up - Ravalawa/Fifita and Lawrie but the replacements would need to make us stronger.

Latu/Stewart/Egan/Tonga and Corey Allan are all joining the top 30 next year along side Cook. Latu was confirmed directly to me by club management.
Thanks mate
So if 3 spots left

Latu, Tonga, Stewart this will be there second NRL pre season

Egan’s third pre season

That also means the 2025 MO with Russell might not be true or they agreed to move him out of the top30 for 2025?

Eisenhuth has not been offered a contract for 2025? And won’t be offered one ?

Any word on wanting to retain Max Fegai in some capacity ?

those extra 3 possible spots of lawrie, Fafita and or Rava if a release is granted =

Prop
Prop
Wing

I also wonder why not a fourth possible spot for maybe Birdy moving on if a release is granted. I can only imagine the option Buddy took up was not far off the baseline $135k pa for an NRL top30 contract.

Last edited:

bathtime

Juniors
I for one will miss Rava

My favourite tackle was against the Roosters on Brett Morris
He hit Brett so hard in the midriff Morris bounced back before Rava's arms could wrap around.

Morris was winded for 5 minutes

To me- a perfect, legal tackle

Can't remember how many weeks Rava got, but it was BS.
I will also miss Rava,

It was like he was learning on the job first year the he got better.

A similar tackle on Gutherson in 2021. Big smile when he scored.
A bit like Craig Smith -rubbed out.
All the best to him

Latest posts