What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Eelctrifying

Juniors
I think Hayne had better fundamentals.

He reminds me more of Fittler in his playing style.

Big Step, bit of Size, similar running Style.

Hayne was heaps better and I thought tried harder with effort plays in the game due to his ego

Until his ego made him regress and lazy. Probably didn't help he had total plodders around him for the later years.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yes Blaize does remind me of a young Hayne
If he could be just as good as Hayne was in 2009 leading into the GF that will do me fine

What about Talagi reminds you of Hayne, may I ask?

Talagi clearly has talent, but Hayne played First Grade at 18, and Origin at 19.

Hayne was faster, stronger, more skilful...

I think Talagi is a real prospect, but I don't see the comparisons.

Eelctrifying

Juniors

Talagi clearly has talent, but Hayne played First Grade at 18, and Origin at 19.

Agreed. But I think it's been sooooo long since we've had any decent junior prospect we are putting him on a pedestal. Like really, saying it's been a few lean years is an understatement.

Pazza

First Grade
Agreed. But I think it's been sooooo long since we've had any decent junior prospect we are putting him on a pedestal. Like really, saying it's been a few lean years is an understatement.

And that's why we don't win anything. Far too reliant on the market for our talent.

JokerEel

Coach

Agree they are nothing alike.

Closest to Haynes would be Brown.

JokerEel

Coach
So we currently have 21 signed for next season - On the NRL website which is not 100%

Below is who the list and what we should do we are really in trouble for a few seasons..

Bailey Simonsson Not resigned
Blaize Talagi Not resigned
Brendan Hands Backup only
Bryce Cartwright Bench Player at best
Clint Gutherson 1 Year left
Daejarn Asi Not resigned
Dylan Brown Keeper
Haze Dunster Not resigned
J’maine Hopgood Keeper
Joey Lussick f**k Off
Joe Ofahengaue Not resigned
Junior Paulo Goodbye
Kelma Tuilagi Not Sold
Ky Rodwell Gone
Maika Sivo Bye Bye
Makahesi Makatoa Not resigned
Matt Doorey Cup Player
Mitchell Moses Keeper
Morgan Harper Gone
Ofahiki Ogden Not resigned
Reagan Campbell-Gillard Should be kept forward leader
Ryan Matterson Bye Bye
Sean Russell Bye Bye
Shaun Lane Bye Bye
Tevita Taumoepenu Gone
Toni Mataele Cup player
Will Penisini Keeper
Wiremu Greig Cup player
Zac Cini Gone
Zac Lomax* Keeper
Charlie Guymer Keeper
Ethan Sanders Gone
Jock Brazel Keeper
Luca Moretti Bench
Sam Tuivaiti Keeper

King-Gutho94

Coach
“Rylesy is putting a broom through the joint”. Next year might likely be another dud but god we are going to have some cash to spend moving forward.
I still think the key will be not to panic buy like the tigers generally do and just throw money around hope it sticks.

I think the Dogs have finally nailed there recruitment by picking players on character, effort & mentality then actual ability.

I hope Ryles has learnt enough under Bellamy by targeting players that will be dog-hungry for the contest week in week out.

One thing this playing group has lost is the thirst for the contest especially in the forwards. We have a strong nucleus but there is still 4 or 5 players on big money that need to be tapped as they have lost that physical & mental edge.

That edge is hard to get back once its gone.

I would be targeting 3 forwards in that 23-25 age bracket and back himself to get them humming.

We need more speed in the backs which is captain obvious but i reckon we need a big winger like a Montoya from the warriors as Brian To'o would be unattainable who can do a lot of yardage bringing it back like Fergo did when he arrived.