What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Pazza

First Grade
Where’s the risk? Talagi didn’t even take up his option so it was a non-factor. If he had a season ending injury he might’ve used it.

the fact he had the option was the risk. You gave a 18 year old kid all the power and his manager took it.

im telling yah now, you wont see anymore of these POs coming out of the club. And if we do i then i am completely wrong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
the fact he had the option was the risk. You gave a 18 year old kid all the power and his manager took it.
What are you on about, ‘all the power’? He’s off contract, whether he had a PO or not.
im telling yah now, you wont see anymore of these POs coming out of the club. And if we do i then i am completely wrong.
They are a bargaining chip, for any club. If a player is happy with a PO in return for a discount under the cap we’d be mad not to use it

Pazza

First Grade
What are you on about, ‘all the power’? He’s off contract, whether he had a PO or not.

They are a bargaining chip, for any club. If a player is happy with a PO in return for a discount under the cap we’d be mad not to use it

how do you know theyre getting a discount under the cap?

Pazza

First Grade
explain to me, since POs are such a no brainer as a tool to reduce players asking price. why do the broncos, bulldogs, sharks, dolphins, cowboys, panthers, dragons, souths, warriors and tigers have no straight POs on their roster? plus most other clubs not mentioned have a max of 1

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Over It Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

Pazza

First Grade
the truth is, we have so many POs because player managers are bending us over a table. i doubt looking at our roster we have any sort of cap efficiency out of these POs and its all got to do with poor management by our club.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
the truth is, we have so many POs because player managers are bending us over a table. i doubt looking at our roster we have any sort of cap efficiency out of these POs and its all got to do with poor management by our club.
Poor roster management and losing your best young juniors is what the good clubs do ffs!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
explain to me, since POs are such a no brainer as a tool to reduce players asking price. why do the broncos, bulldogs, sharks, dolphins, cowboys, panthers, dragons, souths, warriors and tigers have no straight POs on their roster? plus most other clubs not mentioned have a max of 1
If they’re so bad why do any clubs have them?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We sacked the coach because the roster is underperforming. The player options are only a factor if they’re activated, like Welch when he did his knee during negotiations with Parra.

We have obviously never had the recruitment/retention advantages of the biggest clubs, since about 1986. But player options represent an attempt to overcome that, just like illegal TPAs in 2016.

Pazza

First Grade
Because it’s a transaction. They’re not giving them something for nothing. Like any contract, pay/conditions/clauses are traded.

I'm sure parra think they're getting something out of it.

They got their first taste of the POs with blaize. And I tell yah it would have been sour. It's only going to get more sour as the circus continues over text three offseasons

Pazza

First Grade
The player options are only a factor if they’re activated,

They're an issue cause they tie up cap resources far beyond Nov 1. If the player had to elect to take the option any day up to Nov 1 then it wouldn't be an issue. But if dyl, matto and penisini all have POs similar to blaize then it's a huge problem.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They hardly do

We're an outlier on this one
Including the Tigers? I’m keen to see the correlation between number of player options and number of wins. I suspect there is no correlation at all, and the only people seeing one are Eels fans trying to put two and two together.

Last edited:

Latest posts