What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Replacing him is easy as we have Lomax coming next year who I assume will now be the centre.
Or wing. The only top 17 back off contract for next year is Simonsson. His cap space has been replaced by Lomax. I’d have been surprised if we had fit Talagi in as well. Meanwhile Penrith have lost Luai and not replaced him. They should be better able to fit Talagi into their team and salary cap.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its a crying shame for Hindy but i reckon he was part of the problem in those big games we lost in that era.

His nervous energy and defeatist energy as a senior player would have rubbed off on the younger blokes.

Not entirely his fault. But i get why in retirement observing his attitude & mindset that he would have been like that in the rooms and unintentionally of course but would have made everyone around feel more queasy for a big game which you don't want.
Some players are poor leaders but are so influential that they can’t help but be negative influences.

yy_cheng

Coach
Or wing. The only top 17 back off contract for next year is Simonsson. His cap space has been replaced by Lomax. I’d have been surprised if we had fit Talagi in as well. Meanwhile Penrith have lost Luai and not replaced him. They should be better able to fit Talagi into their team and salary cap.
We offered Talagi $450k no? So we should have that still.

Throw in some hardiplanks ... done deal

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We offered Talagi $450k no? So we should have that still.

Throw in some hardiplanks ... done deal
Whatever we offered, we no doubt still have it available, but do we really want to spend it on another fullback while Gutherson is still on the books? We have other areas we need to improve, particularly our middle defence. Arthur and Guymer are/were more useful to our 2025 side than Talagi (or Sanders).

yy_cheng

Coach
Whatever we offered, we no doubt still have it available, but do we really want to spend it on another fullback while Gutherson is still on the books? We have other areas we need to improve, particularly our middle defence. Arthur and Guymer are/were more useful to our 2025 side than Talagi (or Sanders).
Depends on the strategy we take.

If 2025 is a developing year and we have a warchest for 2026 then we might find a fullback for 2025 and Guth can slot in somewhere to fill in unless he is in the picture for 2026 and beyond. I still say hooker or a lock (either starting or off the bench) but we have Hoppy and possibly Charlie for those roles.

I would stil try

1. Dyl
6. Guth
7. Moses

and find a new 6 for 2026 or groom Lynn.

I digress.....

JR's STYLE for the team is unknown at the moment.

Will he go the Panfers/Storm route, the Doggies route or the Broncos route?

We have always been entertainers more than hard core defence.

Our 80s team, 2001, 2005, 2009 ... we tended to throw the ball around... Parraball if you may.

But JR might change us into a Storm type outfit. Which is what BA did though he never really got the defense right.

So it really depends on what JR plans

Incorrect

Coach
AJ Brimson's best position is fullback. Titans have Kini killing it there at the moment. We should try and sound out the Titans and see if there's any chance of them releasing Brimson... If Gutherson was prepared to move to the centres for an 18 year old kid who couldn't catch a bomb, I'm sure he'd be open to doing the same for a genuine NRL calibre fullback....

Zoso

Juniors
Depends on the strategy we take.

If 2025 is a developing year and we have a warchest for 2026 then we might find a fullback for 2025 and Guth can slot in somewhere to fill in unless he is in the picture for 2026 and beyond. I still say hooker or a lock (either starting or off the bench) but we have Hoppy and possibly Charlie for those roles.

I would stil try

1. Dyl
6. Guth
7. Moses

and find a new 6 for 2026 or groom Lynn.

I digress.....

JR's STYLE for the team is unknown at the moment.

Will he go the Panfers/Storm route, the Doggies route or the Broncos route?

We have always been entertainers more than hard core defence.

Our 80s team, 2001, 2005, 2009 ... we tended to throw the ball around... Parraball if you may.

But JR might change us into a Storm type outfit. Which is what BA did though he never really got the defense right.

So it really depends on what JR plans

Kearney tried to make us Melbourne as well. That didn’t work so well, if I recall…

yy_cheng

Coach
Kearney tried to make us Melbourne as well. That didn’t work so well, if I recall…
I think it is not a matter of changing the players but buying the players that suit the style.

Ciraldo bought panfer leaders to suit his panfer style. And bought utilities who can be moulded.

You can't really change a team of Reece Walsh's into a pure defensive team.

Ando said that in 2009, he tried to mould the eels into the formula which worked for him at St Helens.

It didnt work and we lost game after game. He then decided to change the gameplan to suit the players and we went on a winnning run.

hindy111

Post Whore
I know what you are saying, but is that reality ?

Your version: Something something Brad Arthur.

More likely: Brown is offered a higher paid and far more challenging and rewarding role at the eels.

View attachment 92117

And why is he coming back? Did we all of a sudden think he was worth more money?

Oh keep on lickn, just keep on lickn
Oh keep on lickn Bas dirty old balls

hindy111

Post Whore

Personally I'd go with Gutherson. We ain't winning nothing in 2025. Try and build a side for 2026.
Who knows if Guth turned back the clock along with Jnr and Dyln and Moses have big season whilst Hands stunted development with 4min cameo continues to improve then we may even play finals.
I don't think its impossible. But I don't see us too 5 or challenging.

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought with Blaize, there is ability there, but his carry on over his contract was as if he was Jamie Lyon, and Jarryd Hayne's lovechild.

He isn't fit to be even mentioned in the same breath as those two.

And you know what? He probably never will be, because those two players were generational talents.

Who knows what happens to him if he stayed. What we do know is under the Panthers system he will get every chance to shine. We couldn't 3ven work out what position he should play