What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

TheParraboy

Staff member
Look forward to Ryles outlining his plans and speaking to members/fans next week

Should be interesting but suspect it be very general , filling us all with hope and confidence, which is what we need to hear...for now

If he gets the players to be all playing consistently well, we will improve well

Scares me he is a rookie, glad Brown is there as assistant

Anyone know who Stephen Kearney assistants were ? I think this squad is far better than in 2011, so we need to see good improvement next year, and a good shot at top 4 in 2026 IMO

Should be interesting but suspect it be very general , filling us all with hope and confidence, which is what we need to hear...for now

If he gets the players to be all playing consistently well, we will improve well

Scares me he is a rookie, glad Brown is there with his as assistant

Anyone know who Stephen Kearney assistants were ? I think this squad is far better than in 2011, so we need to see good improvement next year, and a good shot at top 4 in 2026 IMO
I remember he got Steve Folkes onboard eventually.

I was just so upset at the "Members Meeting" when no one asked him why our performances fell off after the 60th minute. I wonder if he knew or knows to this day.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just came across this, Is Piggy right?

Keep seeing on social media we cant touch an storm players for 12 months

Former Rugby League player and The Continuous Call Team’s Mark Riddell has rubbished reports incoming Parramatta Eels coach Jason Ryles can’t sign any Melbourne Storm players for 12 months.

“That’s ridiculous, that’s not on the table, it was never mentioned when they had the release,” Riddell said.
Riddell wouId know. Him and Ryles are mates, and I believe were having a coffee together a week or so ago......

King-Gutho94

Coach

Scares me he is a rookie, glad Brown is there as assistant

Brad Arthur was one assistant to Kearney.

Peter Sharp was the other

oldmancraigy

Coach
Round 2???

If we even stumble in the first half of the first trial I can almost guarantee him being written off by someone....
On the flipside, if we haven't been flogged by week 2, then he has already outdone his predecessor!!
Similar scenes, one bloke came to the club after we just finished 16th, Ryles comes to the club after we finished 15th.

BA took over at 16 and was sacked at 14, so improved us by 2 spots in his tenure. Ryles has some large boots to fill!! We need to see a 13th placed finish if he is to be of similar stature.

Working against Ryles is that his predecessor didn't do him any favours by cleaning out the joint - that was really useful for BA in his first year. Ryles has to undo a few strings yet, but good to see he is trying.

The Colonel

Immortal
On the flipside, if we haven't been flogged by week 2, then he has already outdone his predecessor!!
Similar scenes, one bloke came to the club after we just finished 16th, Ryles comes to the club after we finished 15th.

BA took over at 16 and was sacked at 14, so improved us by 2 spots in his tenure. Ryles has some large boots to fill!! We need to see a 13th placed finish if he is to be of similar stature.

Working against Ryles is that his predecessor didn't do him any favours by cleaning out the joint - that was really useful for BA in his first year. Ryles has to undo a few strings yet, but good to see he is trying.

It has naught to do with Arthur or his record and everything to do with the extremely fickle nature of Parramatta supporters. There will be plenty expecting immediate results and they will call for it. I know there will also be people who compare the two records and give him some leeway to start. Personally I am expecting a similar year to this while he dissects the roster.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I see no reason next year should be similar to this one.

The players needed change and new voice. They wouldn't have thought it at the time but the results showed.

The performances since July were very competitive considering the situation wirh the season already done and injuries were stacking up.

If Ryles only gets us 7 wins next year and we are still averaging 30ppg defensively I would be stunned.

TheParraboy

Staff member
It has naught to do with Arthur or his record and everything to do with the extremely fickle nature of Parramatta supporters. There will be plenty expecting immediate results and they will call for it. I know there will also be people who compare the two records and give him some leeway to start. Personally I am expecting a similar year to this while he dissects the roster.

There are already Eels fans comparing how well BA is doing with Leeds (when they have a win lol) and we had the hide to sack him, and stuff up our season

Not that it will happen, but eels supporters should be patient next year

I think what would be a concern if is we see zero signs of improvement

Pazza

First Grade
the availability of brown and moses will be the driving factor in how much we improve next year.

Ryles needs to get our defense into a much better position

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not sure why anyone needs to hear anything from Ryles at this stage.
Just let him settle in and concentrate on doing his job during the off-season.
We'll hear from him when he and the club decide.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'm not sure why anyone needs to hear anything from Ryles at this stage.
Just let him settle in and concentrate on doing his job during the off-season.
We'll hear from him when he and the club decide.

The club has already decided....

This extract from members email yesterday

"You will hear more from Jason next week as he shares his football vision for the Eels"

Suitman

Post Whore
The club has already decided....

This extract from members email yesterday

"You will hear more from Jason next week as he shares his football vision for the Eels"

Disappointing.
I'd rather he just get on with the job and eventually hear from him pre-season.

There are already Eels fans comparing how well BA is doing with Leeds (when they have a win lol) and we had the hide to sack him, and stuff up our season
Really? People like that exist, apart from Pou...?
Not that it will happen, but eels supporters should be patient next year

I think what would be a concern if is we see zero signs of improvement
Agree. Anything higher than 15th next season is an improvement, and heading in the right direction for when Ryles starts to shape the squad he wants and needs.