What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Smith | Possible Signing??

thickos

First Grade
Sounds like the guy is copping a lot of injuries at the moment.... would it be a case of money down the drain??

Raider_69

Post Whore
well IMO it can only be good either
if he plays we would have more direction
if he is injured Elliot would have NO CHOICE but to bloody carney

Poida_Raider

Bench
but obviously they dont want to throw carney straight into the mix.. why the hell else would they invest in smith and say they hope he will help carney to develop further.

jed

First Grade
Smith is an organisational player - That's something that we're lacking at the moment. He'll be able to act as a mentor to both Carney and Macca. Particularly if we're touting him as a future captain, we he needs a lot of work on his organisation. A haircut wouldn't hurt either :lol:

thickos

First Grade
jed said:
Smith is an organisational player - That's something that we're lacking at the moment. He'll be able to act as a mentor to both Carney and Macca. Particularly if we're touting him as a future captain, we he needs a lot of work on his organisation. A haircut wouldn't hurt either :lol:
Are you knocking the hair??? :shock: :lol:

thickos

First Grade
But Marty has said himself 'the hair controls me', so I wouldn't be messing with it! :shock:

jed

First Grade
Raiders Rock said:
Settle down you two, I want you to shake hands and have a cuddle!!

I think he'd rather cuddle someone else. I know I would in his position. :lol:

Raiders Rock

Juniors
jed said:
Raiders Rock said:

Don't sell youself short Jed, you're an attractive man!! But yes Stu & #1 have been getting rather close of late. I Hope Montz isn't jealous...

thickos

First Grade
Raiders Rock said:
jed said:
Raiders Rock said:

Don't sell youself short Jed, you're an attractive man!! But yes Stu & #1 have been getting rather close of late. I Hope Montz isn't jealous...

:shock: WTF :?

Hey guys

Just thought i'd inform you all of the latest, Jason has offers from 2 other NRL clubs to also join them next year (Thought to be Eels and Souths)

When he has been on the field for us he has been sensational. There lies the problem, he aint played much footy in the last 2 years and for the Raiders to be signing him at this stage of the season is a bit of a risk IMO

On the plus side he seems to have picked up a turn of pace this season, he had a shoulder reconstruction in January so all he could do was run!

Get him out there and fit and you will have a great signing..... however it definately constitutes a risk and probably one I wouldnt be keen on taking. Hull fans know too well how frustrating it can be watching a player sit in the stands with a substantial salary

Best of luck with your season guy's. Dont suppose you have an off-quota prop going spare do you? McRae is shopping for us a prop at present

schnitzel

Juniors
Smith hasn't played 5/8 since he went to England and he's never played halfback. He is one of the best ball playing locks in the world hawever, tough as nails and steers Hull around the paddock well. I reckon he is worth a punt for a small one year contract, but not if he plays 5/8. I'd like to see Smith 13, Macca 6 and Carney 7.

Latest posts