What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Smith to the Roosters

Misty Bee

First Grade
Thanks Colonel. We've established that Kafusi was a free agent when he signed with Easts. How dare they sign players who are free agents!

Anyone remember how we got David Vaialiki?

The Colonel

Immortal
Misty Bee said:
Thanks Colonel. We've established that Kafusi was a free agent when he signed with Easts. How dare they sign players who are free agents!

Anyone remember how we got David Vaialiki?

Vaealiki was secured by the club in much the same way as David Solomona, Nigel Vagana, Paul Rauhihi and a few other Warrior juniors were secured. I've read the Beleaguered - The Rise and Fall of the Warriors to...

Your point is?

My point about Kaufusi was - the Manly club had invested time and money in getting him back into Australia after he was sent home and made apply. His manager shopped him around two minutes before he arrived in the country. As Manly had not only invested time and money in bringing him over but in the previous year with training, accomodation and salaries it wasn't exactly "good cricket" on behalf of the Roosters. It was fairly well publicised what Manly had done to get him back in the country.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Exactly Colonel. The cap isn't workin well imo when a club can have players in 1st div that would've been1st graders had they been at another. It just doesn't spread the talent and makes our comp a joke.

ozzie

Bench
Twizzle said:
Well Colonel........looks like you've ruffled this chooks feathers.

Well done.

no ruffled feathers - but the colonels story is a long way being short of the truth.

Manly had no money when Kafusi got back to Australia - was he suppose to sign for peanuts??

Why not ring the Manly club and speak to peter peters...oh is he still there - probably the only one who is!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was also a way short of fitness when he got back to Australia...next year he will probably make first grade...

Bishop as i said wasn't even graded by the Warriors so they can bleeet all the want " sheep joke"!!

anyways you have your story i have mine - you work out what you want to believe and thats it...by the way Colonel - i appreciated the good hearted debate...there should be more of it before name calling etc comes into it.

By the way parra all the best for next year - hope yu come 2nd...to us

Freak

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Jealousy :lol: envy :lol: Keep it up...... Please :D

We are so jealous about a team that gets beaten in a grand final.

Sorry I should have said get's pumped in a grand final.

$1.47 favorites wasn't it or something ridiculous like that.

I wouldnt be suprised if Bill's resignation had something to do with you guys not getting this result. :lol:

You know what they say; Cheaters never prosper!! :D

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Rooster Cogburn. said:

Jealous?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Parramatta fans don't get jealous of other clubs why??....we look around and see our Beautiful home ground...our large quantity & quality juniors like Jason Cayless ;-) , Our marvellous Leagues club which is one of the best performing clubs in not only NSW but Australia, while we have these facilities in place a GF is never far off....give it a couple of years and Parra will be making significant upgrades to there trophy cabinet.....we'll just have to spray & wipe the cabinet to clear the cobwebs first :lol:

Every club goes through good & bad times and Parra & Easts are no different.....it wasn't long ago when the Roosters where struggling in front of small crowds.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Rooster Cogburn. said:

I'm not sure what we are supposed to be jealous of, they didn't win.

At least we won the club championship (again).

I think Ozzie and Co should switch to decaf late. He says his feathers may not be ruffled, I cetainly detected alot of stress/agression in his so called "good hearted debate".

However that was just my interpretation.

I don't recall and name calling from the Colonel or myself, though.

spooky

Juniors
Let me put you all straight. Jase has 1 year left on his contract at Hull. He has already announced that this will be his final season as a player and that he will retire at the end of the 2004 season.

You've already pinched Thorman from under our noses - you can't take GOD aswell. ;-)

Saying that, I'd probably forgive Brian Smith anything. He is without a doubt my favourite ever Hull coach.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
spooky said:
Let me put you all straight. Jase has 1 year left on his contract at Hull. He has already announced that this will be his final season as a player and that he will retire at the end of the 2004 season.

You've already pinched Thorman from under our noses - you can't take GOD aswell. ;-)

Saying that, I'd probably forgive Brian Smith anything. He is without a doubt my favourite ever Hull coach.

We have discovered a very rare animal.

The Smithus Fanibus............we thought they were extinct.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Thank god he isn't going to the Roosters....thanks for that info Spookey ;-)

I honestly reckon the Roosters have maybe 1 or 2 years at the top before a slide occurs.

no team is going to remain at the top for more than 3 years any more.

Look at the Panthers. The new season isn't even upon us and Gulavao (sp?) is already saying he wants an upgraded contract to resign (which they cannot afford)> there are also players like Priddis who are off contract next season and will be let go so that younger juniors can be retained.

What happened to us in 2002 will become the norm now for every Grand Final team. People are complaining about how we let our team be torn apart, no loyalty etc but everyone will soon see that this will be the staple diet of success in the salary cap strangled game.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
And you have to also remember that Freddie will be gone soon.

If a team doesn't go through a rebuilding stage then i have my suspicions.

half

Coach
freddy may be going, but wing is developing into the best creative player in the world

i see the roosters in a similar position to parra. they've got a good core of strong players and with savvy purchasing and development they can remain a force for years

Latest posts