What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Smith Wants Another Season

cooba

Juniors
Just heard on 10 News Jason Smith's Manager is offering him for another season to the highest bidder. Stated that the break he is just having has refreshed him and he feels he can go around again.

azza

Juniors
Time for us to look to the future - our juniors. From next year we need to figure out what our best halves combo is going to be. For that reason I won't be unhappy to see Smith go, though he has been great while at the club.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I normally get...well...bored with the constant demands to bring juniors up, but in this case I might just agree. Time to focus on the future.

definatley can't see Henry wanting to sign him for another year. He is looking to the future. Smith has been great for us , but he is just plugging the hole for us until we get a young gun like Zilly or carney up to FG standard.

I wouldn't mind having him as a back up forward/utility player though but definately not at 5/8 next season.

Bay56

First Grade
Quite frankly if you take away the first 8 games last year I cant say his influence on the field has been worth the rather large pay packet he must be taking home.

Some of the best football this team has played in the past two seasons have been on exhibition in the last two games ... and guess what, there was no J.Smith to be seen.

There is no doubt in my mind that he has played one season too many and that we should have been looking to giving youngsters with talent the experience in FG that they can only get from being there.

The likes of Carney, Zillman and Herbert, not to mention Dobson, need to be given all the support necessary to assist in confidence building that will eventually accompany the undoubted talents they have.

At the moment we have a coach that is hell bent on proving the critics such as myself wrong. I can remember early 2005 when we had a run of good form with Smith and Withers running the show ... Elliott mentioned at the press conference how these two were proving the critics wrong ... well quite frankly I think we were correct.

legend

Coach
Move him to lock and I say keep him for another year. It would assist Carney and Zillman and give us the depth we require. He'd only play a dozen odd games a season anyway.

He may well follow Elliott to Penrith though.

woodgers

Bench
If true then my guess is Titans. He owns a property at Byron and wants to settle up that way. Would be a damn fine pick up for the Titans to steady them a little in year 1 as well.

Raider_69

Post Whore
good luck to him
cant say id be eger as to resign him at the raiders, imo its time to move on

woodgers

Bench
I just think our small forward position is Tonguey. While Smith is a real old head of the game and goes o.k, I don't think he would offer more at lock than Tonguey nowadays. Previously yes.

PRKLCD

Juniors
Yeah Smith couldn't can't play in the forwards - too much running. He is better suited in the halves.

He would be a good buy for Souths - even if he only played 1/2 of the season for them.

aussies1st

Staff member
Time for old Smithy to do some good for Souths. Hes done his job for us already.