What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Stevens still giving wedgies

Anonymous

Juniors
I thought this bloke was cautioned against doing this.

I'm watching the tape of yesterday's match, and in the 2nd half, Stevens put his hand up Trent Barrett's shorts and yanked them up into the never regions.

Barrett simply stood up and looked at Stevens with a bit of disgust... while Stevens looked back with a goofy grin on his face.

IMO, it's a poor reflection on the player and not in the spirit of the game.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Barrett should've stayed down...

Doesn't Stevens know he could spend eternity in Purgatory if he keeps doing this??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
It's the sort of stuff that bashers of League lap up. Same as Hoppa. IMO, players have no business in sticking their hands in between the legs of other players.
Maybe Stevens needs a smack across the chops... or maybe he just needs a ron coote.

Jamesy

Juniors
maybe he's just letting his sexual frustration out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't people go to jail for doing shit like that??? :x :x

SaintTPP

First Grade
He needs to get himself a lady or if he;s that way inclined a man, because his sexual frustrations are starting to show in his footy.

Anonymous

Juniors
starting to show..? lol. He's been doing this for years.

THIN END OF THE WEDGIE: God's favourite footballer, Jason Stevens, was unhappy about being cautioned twice during last Sunday's match at Cronulla for inflicting "wedgies" on South Sydney opponents.

"Jason watch the wedgies, mate. Don't attack the shorts," referee Matt Cecchin warned the Test prop, regarded as something of an expert at pulling an opposition player's shorts between his nether regions.

Cecchin later told Stevens: "It's not in the true spirit of the game. You wouldn't like to be wedgied would you?"

Afterwards, Stevens approached Cecchin to ask whether there was any rule against wedgies.

May 23 2003

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/22/1053585647569.html?oneclick=true

RICHO

Juniors
He learnt it at the Dragons many years ago!!!
:lol:

I wish he'd stop doing it though. Not a good look.

Surely

Post Whore
it's only a wedgie for christ's sake ! .... I would imagine a finger in your arse is a hell of a lot worse ..... Dimitri over to you !

Anonymous

Juniors
RICHO, he's been with your mob (and other players shorts) since 1997. You tell me where the habit was allowed to run free. But I don't care who he plays for... I just don't wnat to see that sort of crap happening in Rugby League.

Surely, you're kidding right? It designed to cause humiliation to the opponent thereby putting him off his game. It's the same mentalilty as Hoppa's busy fingers and that AFL player who enjoyed munching on nuts.

A punch-up, a high tackle... even a head butt will occur in the heat of the moment. FMD, even Danny Williams sent an apology to the O'Neill for the king hit.

Steven shows no remorse and has indicated that he will continue sticking his hand in where it's not invited. It's time he was hauled before the judiciary and told to back off... and then he should seek counselling.

Surely

Post Whore
Hmm I don't know what would you prefer, a wedgie, or being knocked out be a kinghit, maybe an elbow to the troat so you are unable to eat or drink ...

Give me the wedgie anyday, humiliation don't make me laugh :)

Sticks

Juniors
The one he delivered on Barrett was technically one of the best wedgies I've seen. Notice how Baz has extreme trouble digging his shorts and speedo's out of his crack and finally relents and lifts his right leg to make the process somewhat easier.
The moral of the story is that 1 or 2 good wedgies don't win the game.
I also noticed Stevo shirking the hitup duties in the 2nd half, regularly off-loading to players in no better position....Ashton was running about putting the fear of god into them I guess.

Sticks

Southernsaint

Staff member
Sticks said:
The one he delivered on Barrett was technically one of the best wedgies I've seen. Notice how Baz has extreme trouble digging his shorts and speedo's out of his crack and finally relents and lifts his right leg to make the process somewhat easier.
The moral of the story is that 1 or 2 good wedgies don't win the game.
I also noticed Stevo shirking the hitup duties in the 2nd half, regularly off-loading to players in no better position....Ashton was running about putting the fear of god into them I guess.

Sticks

Yeah, good old Jase - always the first on to put up his hand to take the hit-up on the fourth tackle...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

I have found the problem
A quick search found no wedgies mentioned.
'Thou shalt not give wedgies' is yet to be listed by the Pope on his Catechism.

The pope can make it a sin, then Big Jas can leave the reg grundies well alone.

The NRL methods aiiiin't working, time to escalate to a high authority.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mr Angry said:
http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm

I have found the problem
A quick search found no wedgies mentioned.
'Thou shalt not give wedgies' is yet to be listed by the Pope on his Catechism.

The pope can make it a sin, then Big Jas can leave the reg grundies well alone.

The NRL methods aiiiin't working, time to escalate to a high authority.

Stevens isn't a Tyke, is he??

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Surely said:
Hmm I don't know what would you prefer, a wedgie, or being knocked out be a kinghit, maybe an elbow to the troat so you are unable to eat or drink ...

You missed my point. Getting a king hit is worse... that goes without saying. But those sort of things are done in the heat of the moment and generally, the player regrets it.

In Stevens' case, it's all premeditated and a long term problem. He thinks it's funny and genuinely feels there's nothing wrong with it.

There are definitely some unfulfilled needs...

DevilDragon

Juniors
Surely said:

Maybe a bit of nut squeezing too. Whatever the behaviour, it's not needed in the game. Jason obviously feels he needs to carry on with unnecessary behaviour to compensate for inabilities or inadequacies he has.
Maybe he is simply spreading the gospel.

RICHO

Juniors
It's probably used as a "slow down" tactic. Maybe. I dunno.

I'm sure most Sharks fans would prefer he didn't do it.

One thing though, it's not going to really hurt anyone. As for being suspended for it... :lol:
Seriously, you don't get suspended in school for giving a wedgie!
Give him an after-school detention or something.

Anonymous

Juniors
RICHO said:
Seriously, you don't get suspended in school for giving a wedgie!
Give him an after-school detention or something.
I agree with the comparison. That is, Jason's behaviour to that of school kids.