What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo opts to play for Tonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
Tell you what, New Zealand v Tonga is going to be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge game.

Dude.... I live about 20mins walk from the stadium it’s being played in...

And I wouldn’t give a f**k about it if they gave me free tickets.

All these withdrawals on the back of a seriously shitty season from the Warriors has really hurt the sport this year.

Hopefully the Tongan community comes out in force.

Burns

First Grade
The Warriors probably couldn’t have picked a worse year to perform so poorly in.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
It's an amazing decision from Jason in my opinion , the game will never grow if Nz and Australia just keep buying the best talent from the islands. Same with England and the home nations. These nrl stars should inspire some pride in these island nations it's not like they need the money.

Golden point

Juniors
It's an amazing decision from Jason in my opinion , the game will never grow if Nz and Australia just keep buying the best talent from the islands. Same with England and the home nations. These nrl stars should inspire some pride in these island nations it's not like they need the money.
Your spot on. Look at fiji, if they can have more success then Australia would never be able to pinch guys like radradra, lote and I bet your balls they put a thought to the bloke at the storm.

Stallion

First Grade
Dude.... I live about 20mins walk from the stadium it’s being played in...

And I wouldn’t give a f**k about it if they gave me free tickets.

All these withdrawals on the back of a seriously shitty season from the Warriors has really hurt the sport this year.

Hopefully the Tongan community comes out in force.

I think NZ v Tonga may be the making of Tonga as a force in rugby league! It will be a popular fixture for sure!

Meth

Staff member
It's alright to blame David Kidwell, but Jason Taumalolo decision is based on Jesse Bromwich and Kevin Proctor being left out of the squad.

Not according to Taumalolo

Stallion

First Grade
Allowing players to spread their so called loyalty over two nations makes international rugby league look a joke.

Got to start somewhere! Happens in other codes? And other codes dont have obstacles put in front of them like rugby league has in many countries. Get that one up yu!

SBD82

Coach
Triple m reporting that there are 8 players who are considering defecting from NZ to play for tonga.

No names mentioned though. Anyone got more info on this?

Stallion

First Grade
Rugby League made it's bed....

Other codes do it as well. In the big scheme of things it's worth the crap critics put on it as these same critics arent aware of the struggles Rugby league faces in many areas of the world.

Meth

Staff member
Triple m reporting that there are 8 players who are considering defecting from NZ to play for tonga.

No names mentioned though. Anyone got more info on this?

Hurrell, Lolohea, Fusitua, Vatuvei, Kata, Taumalolo...can’t remember the other 2

Status
Not open for further replies.