What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo

TheRev

First Grade
Unless we miss Sua, I just don't think we are after the cowboy 2nd rowers anymore.. We just signed RFM and probably BWM.

And yes we won't get JT for those prices, gould might be able to sell it, but we would need to pay atleast the 950k contract.. Would be nice if the cows paid some of it in the back end years, but it won't happen... We're not pulling a bloke who's happy there with 4yrs security... interstate to a wooden spoon favourite club, without a very large carrot.

Personally I think we need a big dog fullstop, and I don't think we're gonna get many options after missing afb.. So I'm up for whatever.. But I don't think Flanno rolls like that.. Hes tight on the purse strings.. And 4yrs big money is a very large gamble for an older prop.

If the year doesn't start well for our young pack however, views may change.

Carlton

Juniors
The trouble with that is the NRL won't sign off on a broken contract when the new deal is a significant upgrade.
Maybe, but we're not talking about a one-sided broken contract, it would be mutually agreed by the Cowboys and JT to terminate and then a new contract entered into with the new club. The Cowboys would pay out an amount to encourage JT to agree to terminate. He is then a free agent and would negotiate with the next club.

But after saying this, the NRL will make up rules and interpretations to help or hinder clubs as they feel like it. I know which why they will fall when we are one of the clubs.

redv13

Bench
I was discussing if J T in fact would consider a move to St GI and I offered a suggestion as to what J T might need to consider if it was a possibility.

On the evidence and statements at hand where arguably our best 3/4 is potentially going to be moved out of position to accommodate a severely busted former good player (but a coach's pet) as well as a FB who is highly questionable in all things other than attack, J T might scratch his head as to the coach's "ability".

Maybe I am the only one waiting to see some contrition and ownership but that doesn't make my position any more wrong than right it just makes my moral sensibility different to yours. I'm not questioning your right to make a judgement on Flanagan but you seem to question mine.

D P I hear what you are saying but Danks and the peptide issues and some of the aftermath of that plus Flanagan's blatant disregard for his sanction sits very badly with me.

Young lives entrusted to an officials who were willing to take them down a dirty and unknown road which ultimately ended in players being duped and reputations tarnished is a breach too far for my liking.
Time to let it go OT. Now is the time to jump on the Flanno train and support the team for 2024. I’ll admit he wasn’t my cup of tea initially and I pushed the Madge bandwagon when the position came up but I accepted that Flanno was the chosen one. I got on board like many others have, time you do too.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
there does appear a grit, smarts, man management and innovation to Flano

yep he has pushed the boundaries in the past but has no doubt tempered that with his recruitment, part time coaching and media work

good skill sets to add to a coach in the NRL

TheRev

First Grade
Flanno is saying pretty clearly now that he thinks Bird is a ctr, but he has to compete for the position.. I think thats a pretty fair view on the situation.. in other words he may well end up in reserves, or personally I still think hes an ideal 14 if he doesnt mind covering 2nd row or a little hooker.

Why are we talking about Bird in this topic hmm..

Crush

Coach
I was discussing if J T in fact would consider a move to St GI and I offered a suggestion as to what J T might need to consider if it was a possibility.

On the evidence and statements at hand where arguably our best 3/4 is potentially going to be moved out of position to accommodate a severely busted former good player (but a coach's pet) as well as a FB who is highly questionable in all things other than attack, J T might scratch his head as to the coach's "ability".

Maybe I am the only one waiting to see some contrition and ownership but that doesn't make my position any more wrong than right it just makes my moral sensibility different to yours. I'm not questioning your right to make a judgement on Flanagan but you seem to question mine.

D P I hear what you are saying but Danks and the peptide issues and some of the aftermath of that plus Flanagan's blatant disregard for his sanction sits very badly with me.

Young lives entrusted to an officials who were willing to take them down a dirty and unknown road which ultimately ended in players being duped and reputations tarnished is a breach too far for my liking.
You’re only depriving yourself the opportunity to enjoy the footy season to its fullest.
You love the dragons, you enjoy this forum, get over this proud stubborn BS and just see what happens. Death riding Flanno so you can say I told you so isn’t healthy, it won’t make you feel better or happier.
Hoping to see you drop the “I’m leaving unless I get an apology” stuff and just get back to following the dragons.

Old Timer

Coach
You’re only depriving yourself the opportunity to enjoy the footy season to its fullest.
You love the dragons, you enjoy this forum, get over this proud stubborn BS and just see what happens. Death riding Flanno so you can say I told you so isn’t healthy, it won’t make you feel better or happier.
Hoping to see you drop the “I’m leaving unless I get an apology” stuff and just get back to following the dragons.
f**king hell
I think I need a Chardonnay after that

For the record I’m not death-riding Flanagan I am merely expressing my contempt for and intense dislike of him
and I don’t and never did consider him a good coach either.

If he succeeds so be it if he fails so be it but for all the hype thus far he better come up with something on the paddock real quick because it won’t be me giving it to him this forum will eat him alive.

I still maintain it’s a shoddy interim deal for the anointed one in waiting and IMO Flanagan capitulated on that score but got his son across as part of it.

If it looks like shit, smells like shit, feels like shit fair chance it is.

Crush

Coach
f**king hell
I think I need a Chardonnay after that

For the record I’m not death-riding Flanagan I am merely expressing my contempt for and intense dislike of him
and I don’t and never did consider him a good coach either.

If he succeeds so be it if he fails so be it but for all the hype thus far he better come up with something on the paddock real quick because it won’t be me giving it to him this forum will eat him alive.

I still maintain it’s a shoddy interim deal for the anointed one in waiting and IMO Flanagan capitulated on that score but got his son across as part of it.

If it looks like shit, smells like shit, feels like shit fair chance it is.
OK, as you were then I guess…

Walpole

Juniors
If Flanagan gets them to 10th or thereabouts, bloods the young forwards and the team looks like it's heading in the right direction I think that will be acceptable.

And, just back on topic for a second, Taumalolo as a prop only and on some sort of reduced deal for 2 seasons, yes please. But I won't hold my breath.

Old Timer

Coach
T P is right royally f**king J T’s ability to shine in a game

He is still a gun but very poorly used and numbskull D Y was part of it.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Old Timer is entitled to his opinion and not liking Flanno for what he did in the past is understandable. If it were your son playing for the Sharks during that period you would hate Flanno even more. I am surprised the Sharks club in general did not get punished more for hiring this guy. We make fun of Saints not doing due diligence but it seems Danks had quite a few red flags in the past to warrant him not being part of the club.

Flanno said he has learnt from that and I am hoping by that he means making sure he knows more about the medical staff he hires and what they are doing. The guys at the Dragons have been in the NRL for a while and are highly experienced. Flanno's son is at the Dragons so I am pretty sure he would not put players including his son under any danger for their health.

BLM01

First Grade

I think you will find it was Paul Greens use of him in the middle was a waste for many years. Would if been great on the edge and not a bash snd barge middle prop only. Maybe he is overrated don’t know but to blame DY as the Cows defensive coach takes the cake when they killed it in 2022 under TP

Victoire

Juniors

He missed a stack of games through injury in 23, and even when he played he was still impaired by those injuries and less than 100%.

In 2022 (another year D Y was "part of it") he played 25 games and was his brilliant best. The best player on the field in that semi win over Cronulla.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
You would think Payton would go before JT.
here’s a thought- maybe if cowgirls don’t shape up from the word go - Payton would be the first to be crucified.
that lot are expected win win - lots.
JT will never leave Nth QLD. He’s a favourite son.
imagine the uproar.

BLM01

First Grade
Storm drop Welch as captain. Where is the Bellamy and Welch dont see eye to eye, club in crisis or Welch wants out rumours?
Na its the Storm.... crickets. Its about celebrating Harry as the incoming

Latest posts