What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo

Mojo

Bench
f**king hell
I think I need a Chardonnay after that

For the record I’m not death-riding Flanagan I am merely expressing my contempt for and intense dislike of him
and I don’t and never did consider him a good coach either.

If he succeeds so be it if he fails so be it but for all the hype thus far he better come up with something on the paddock real quick because it won’t be me giving it to him this forum will eat him alive.

I still maintain it’s a shoddy interim deal for the anointed one in waiting and IMO Flanagan capitulated on that score but got his son across as part of it.

If it looks like shit, smells like shit, feels like shit fair chance it is.
I actually agree with you OT regarding the extremely hideous history of the Danks episode in NRL history and Flanno‘s responsibility and involvement for it and in it. I really struggled to accept his appointment as our current coach. I’m glad we didn’t go down the Ryles path and I’m also glad we didn‘t end up with Des. Flanno is a done deal and, despite his past, I think he’s the best Head Coach we could have recruited at the time. He’s now got the blowtorch on his belly and so does Kyle, that’s for sure - and so they both should have.
To-date I think Flanno has done well with the farewells and welcomes to the squad. The make-or-break / proof of the pudding is only a week or two away.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I actually agree with you OT regarding the extremely hideous history of the Danks episode in NRL history and Flanno‘s responsibility and involvement for it and in it. I really struggled to accept his appointment as our current coach. I’m glad we didn’t go down the Ryles path and I’m also glad we didn‘t end up with Des. Flanno is a done deal and, despite his past, I think he’s the best Head Coach, we could have recruited at the time. He’s now got the blowtorch on his belly and so does Kyle, that’s for sure - and so they both should have.
To-date I think Flanno has done well with the farewells and welcomes to the squad. The make-or-break / proof of the pudding is only a week or two away.

Well said.

justadragon

Bench
f**king hell
I think I need a Chardonnay after that

For the record I’m not death-riding Flanagan I am merely expressing my contempt for and intense dislike of him
and I don’t and never did consider him a good coach either.

If he succeeds so be it if he fails so be it but for all the hype thus far he better come up with something on the paddock real quick because it won’t be me giving it to him this forum will eat him alive.

I still maintain it’s a shoddy interim deal for the anointed one in waiting and IMO Flanagan capitulated on that score but got his son across as part of it.

If it looks like shit, smells like shit, feels like shit fair chance it is.
Stop bitching and get back on the Bus !!!

SnowDragon

Juniors
JT is a great player, and could help lead us. However, unless he takes a short hiatus to boxing, or the cows think it’s worth paying 400k/yr for 4 years, then the cost is just too high, and the time frame too long. Adding some pressure however will make it difficult to keep everyone for them

maestro1

Bench
I have a problem with the headline from the Fox reporter.
It should clearly have focused on him staying in Townsville but the contempt for us at the moment has a headline of "Dragons miss out on another superstar". Flanno made an enquiry. I would be disappointed if he didn't. That should not have been the focus of the story. However, they are shit journos who rely on the massive popularity of our club for click bait type journalism

Mojo

Bench
I have a problem with the headline from the Fox reporter.
It should clearly have focused on him staying in Townsville but the contempt for us at the moment has a headline of "Dragons miss out on another superstar". Flanno made an enquiry. I would be disappointed if he didn't. That should not have been the focus of the story. However, they are shit journos who rely on the massive popularity of our club for click bait type journalism
They’re not journalists. They’re gossip rag writers. More than half of them can’t even spell.

Last edited:

Gardenia

Bench
Missing out on JT is the best thing that could happen to us. I have no idea why they would even offer him a deal. Why help out other teams with their cap? Them having to keep him means we can go after their young guns.

Gardenia

Bench
I actually agree with you OT regarding the extremely hideous history of the Danks episode in NRL history and Flanno‘s responsibility and involvement for it and in it. I really struggled to accept his appointment as our current coach. I’m glad we didn’t go down the Ryles path and I’m also glad we didn‘t end up with Des. Flanno is a done deal and, despite his past, I think he’s the best Head Coach we could have recruited at the time. He’s now got the blowtorch on his belly and so does Kyle, that’s for sure - and so they both should have.
Oh look, I cannot lie, I like him.

I know he only took this job due to no one else probably wanted him and he wants to get back into head coaching and prove himself. And we were desperate.

But I'll take it. And we should enjoy it while we have him.

Agree that he is a stop gap waiting for nepo baby to take the reins. So, he got a deal for his son.
Good on him!

Gardenia

Bench
Old timer obviously feels very strongly about this, and he is entitled to his opinion. I hold a different view, however full disclosure I do not recall the peptides incident so it is not even in my mind.
I think though he has done his time and says he has learnt from the incident. Surely the board vetted him to see if he had contrition.

Dragon David

First Grade
Old timer obviously feels very strongly about this, and he is entitled to his opinion. I hold a different view, however full disclosure I do not recall the peptides incident so it is not even in my mind.
I think though he has done his time and says he has learnt from the incident. Surely the board vetted him to see if he had contrition.
I have also posted this on the "Coach Flanno" thread -

BLM01

First Grade
And more importantly the governing body if the game..

Trifili13

Juniors
Missing out on JT is the best thing that could happen to us. I have no idea why they would even offer him a deal. Why help out other teams with their cap? Them having to keep him means we can go after their young guns.
Agree. The Cows problem is they are stuck with JT at $1m pa for another 4 years and it hampers them to retain their younger brigade of players. You either say I will take JT at $500k pa and they chip in the rest or target their young guns with the cash we have with an offer they can't refuse.

Latest posts